• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

One of the more impressive events that was modeled to be mostly offshore. Steve was dropping his pants for a sub 500mb height ULL moving under us. I remember the RGEM was closest with the second event and the GFS was a close brush too. Guidance was hellbent on keeping the best precip with the strongest 850mb WAA, but yet we had H7 closing off near MVY and cyclonic, moist erly flow aloft. Red flag. Guidance was burying Maine and indeed cstl York county got crushed, but not much to the north. I remember when the euro gave Dryslot 2', his quote was "We take." Instead, "we took." 

12 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

https://abc7ny.com/health/can-the-changing-temperatures--make-you-sick/25341/

See weather fella I was right about back and forth temps making you sick

Anecdotal.  Show me the science.   Winter has more sickness and it’s a tougher fight for your immune system but back and forth temperatures really don’t increase it.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Anecdotal.  Show me the science.   Winter has more sickness and it’s a tougher fight for your immune system but back and forth temperatures really don’t increase it.   

I'm with you on this, in cold weather it's a combination of the body immune system weaker trying to keep you warm and the virus protecting itself by forming a layer around it so it can survive longer

29 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Was actually in the process of posting when I saw you posted and knew what it would be about....lol.

Also, ensembles in the long range are pretty sweet.

She's not gonna let us out. 

EPO reload and the ridge is further east. Not gonna let the weenies end it quickly. She's determined to let us die a slow agonizing death.

In all seriousness, it's a look that can start to produce more coastals. I'm sure many would gladly take one since at this point we're playing for pride and getting our ass kicked isn't much fun. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

She's not gonna let us out. 

EPO reload and the ridge is further east. Not gonna let the weenies end it quickly. She's determined to let us die a slow agonizing death.

In all seriousness, it's a look that can start to produce more coastals. I'm sure many would gladly take one since at this point we're playing for pride and getting our ass kicked isn't much fun. 

Ahhh yes, "playing for pride" i know this well, reminds me of my entire Highschool sports career. But, when a blind squirrel found its nut and we found a win, we partied HARD. The same will happen if we pop a coastal, party time.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

One of the more impressive events that was modeled to be mostly offshore. Steve was dropping his pants for a sub 500mb height ULL moving under us. I remember the RGEM was closest with the second event and the GFS was a close brush too. Guidance was hellbent on keeping the best precip with the strongest 850mb WAA, but yet we had H7 closing off near MVY and cyclonic, moist erly flow aloft. Red flag. Guidance was burying Maine and indeed cstl York county got crushed, but not much to the north. I remember when the euro gave Dryslot 2', his quote was "We take." Instead, "we took." 

I still remember the radar lifting the heavy snow up into Maine before hitting the brakes and ripping back south as an awesome band of 3"/hr fluff with thunder. One of the cooler radar loops I can remember and easily the greatest winter landscape of my life. In fact my avatar picture is from that morning. 

• Like 1