Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

9 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

The Paranormal - GFS has sort of lost it's snow goggles over the past couple of runs(Daddy GFS has more at the moment)...Not sure how to take that, did it finally give up on this winter? Or now that it doesn't show snow are we about to get snow blitzed? 

On 02/12 (Yesterday), It did not even run at 12z so i don't think its ready for prime time just yet, Or it may have been implemented, IDK.

1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

You and I are neck and neck with snow totals right now in our race to winter futility.  The 14.5" that I now have includes November where that one shot, 6" snow has been the biggest of the season so far, as well as the month with the most snow for me. 

ooo can I play too? haven't even eclipsed 10" yet myself...I'm at about 9.8" after yesterday. honestly yesterday was a bit cathartic despite the low totals just because the timing was perfect to actually be able to enjoy it during daylight hours.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wut?

42 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You can't get any further from science than luck

Science determines the probability...luck dictates how far the outcome deviates from said probability. Number one determinant of sne snowfall is precipitation...having this year's excessive precipitation surplus/normal temp combo yield so little snowfall is partially attributable to chaos...just the way it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Luck is a fairy tale in an enchanted or dark world. It’s not measurable . It’s simply a perception. Weather is fact and factual outcomes that are measured . 

So you think a random Scooter/Sh*t streak can be forecasted from a long wave pattern at 10 plus days out????   This run on the Euro shows the meaning of this Random Chaos....it can't be seen from afar.  The last Euro run did not have it there....that's about as Chaotic as it gets right there.  There may be a reason for it...we just don't know what that is yet..and so we say it's Random or Chaos or Luck etc etc....???   Like Will said the other day, we may not be able to know what causes these random things to happen even 50 years from now.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro will probably lose it in the next couple runs to give everyone hope and then it will bring it back.

The best part of this model run too is that the only thing to look forward to over the next week after Friday is Tip telling us that the inside of the car is warmer on a 27F day compared to mid January. It's not like we get mild wx.

No ...there really isn't anything "mild" about that Euro look..

It's a giant destructive interference ... not sooner does an active pacific eject S/W into the west, they then get mincemeat by the bulbous bitch boob over Georgia.   

The more I reflect on matters.. .it's just been a stalwart, undeviating -PNA winter and there does not appear to be any countermanding forces capable of usurping it as dictator.  These non-committal -EPO deviations are only adding to it by dropping coupled trough through Pac NW but never maturing them into an eventual +PNAP roll-out... It just needs a comet impact to alter - 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Science determines the probability...luck dictates how far the outcome deviates from said probability. Number one determinant of sne snowfall is precipitation...having this year's excessive precipitation surplus/normal temp combo yield so little snowfall is partially attributable to chaos...just the way it is.

Chaos is not luck sorry

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Not with that one, But numerous ones in the 240 range that won me some $$$.................;)

About 44 years ago my friend and I went bowling at this all night alley in Dorchester. I never perfected my game but was always capable of pulling out  220s level games.  My buddy got on a roll and by the time he had  a 6 bagger I quit bowling and watched.  A 279 at 3:30 AM!  Wish I were still young enough to go to work the next day like nothing happened....lol.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, weathafella said:

About 44 years ago my friend and I went bowling at this all night alley in Dorchester. I never perfected my game but was always capable of pulling out  220s level games.  My buddy got on a roll and by the time he had  a 6 bagger I quit bowling and watched.  A 279 at 3:30 AM!  Wish I were still young enough to go to work the next day like nothing happened....lol.

Same here, We use to stay after league on a few nights and pot bowl to the wee hours in the morning then go to work as well, That ship sailed about 35 yrs ago though..........:lol:

A couple that i have in my office, The rest are at home.

Clock.jpg

290.jpg

• Like 6