Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

24 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

He’s been in CT for just several years now. I think he’s to blame for our lack of >16” events here.

I am beginning to think I am the jinx for this area, moved here December of 2014. Despite 2015 being great, we were definitely shafted in the SW area. At least I got to cash in on the 2009/10 winter living in Northern Delaware. In 2016, my home town in Millersville, PA got burried in the blizzard. Now this year....The melt is being driven by countless family members sending me photos of the Millersville area looking wintry, while we sit with bare ground. Except for our "icestorm", every snowfall they have had has exceeded expectations/forecasts and my friends and family love to rub that in....:frostymelt:

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I would also say it's quite a stretch to call it a "snowstorm" that the mid-Atlantic gets on that run next weekend. It's like 1-3". 

I know, it came out wrong, but in this winter an all snow 1-3 inch snowfall is a storm in perspective, lol. 

17 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I am beginning to think I am the jinx for this area, moved here December of 2014. Despite 2015 being great, we were definitely shafted in the SW area. At least I got to cash in on the 2009/10 winter living in Northern Delaware. In 2016, my home town in Millersville, PA got burried in the blizzard. Now this year....The melt is being driven by countless family members sending me photos of the Millersville area looking wintry, while we sit with bare ground. Except for our "icestorm", every snowfall they have had has exceeded expectations/forecasts and my friends and family love to rub that in....:frostymelt:

I know, it came out wrong, but in this winter an all snow 1-3 inch snowfall is a storm in perspective, lol. 

Except for March of last year, I don't think I've had a really memorable winter since 2013-2014. Every other year has targeted a different area.

30 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I think the Euro will continue correcting...it's not done yet...decent things in store perhaps???  Let the Mid Atlantic get 1-3...that's not even worth getting upset over.  If it were 8-12" I'd be feeling the same way..but 1-3 is nothing.  

29 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I think the Euro will continue correcting...it's not done yet...decent things in store perhaps???  Let the Mid Atlantic get 1-3...that's not even worth getting upset over.  If it were 8-12" I'd be feeling the same way..but 1-3 is nothing.  

I know, more of a comical melt than anything. I think we score a few nice events before it is all over. There is no way that I finish with less than 20 inches here despite the start. I did just get a text from a family member saying the snow is melting despite it still snowing and the temps below freezing. Sun angle for the loss already.....

kind of like it split ...  half sped up for earlier Friday...while some other thing (that looks unrealistic ...) for later next Tuesday night...  

probably all just a function of the high velocity form of amplitude.  ... S/W coming in and out of physical sounding domain spaces and assimilators offer a cornucopia of disruptions to continuity...  

None of that weekender thing was ever inside of D4 ...heh, stands to reason ...  

3 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Brian,  I have decided you have to move so that you can enjoy storms and QPF more.  Your north facing location on that hill is a no go.  Poor drainage.  Your not going to  be happy with this Euro clown map which includes tomorrows storm, weekend whatever and the 3rd system in about 9 days.  You'll never dry out.

Untitled.jpg

That's 7:00a.m on the 21st.  We sell Pit1 at 9:00a.m.  I go out with a bang to the paltry 16" of ORH.  :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Not like 15-16, when some VT sites had their snow season's biggest event on May 16.

Pretty much Feb 2013 through end of 2016 was not a good run for us in the aggregate.  Some of the numbers weren't too bad on a seasonal level but many it was like pulling teeth and a struggle the whole way.  That was the coastal plain and SNE blitz.

• Like 1