Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

We are very close to a major change in our fortunes...

I'm in a good mood.   Nothing like a nice storm and then a cutter to take it away a few days later.  Rather have a warm storm first.  At least now my 10" will stick around  (not that I need more).  Hopefully the trend will continue to be better for those of you down south

4 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Lol at the Euro turning next weekend into a northern mid atlantic snowstorm, can't script this winter any better....what a rat for SNE

Nice melt.  It’s not like you haven’t had tons of snow I the past 20 years....

That was the snowiest euro run in quite some time...

15 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Nice melt.  It’s not like you haven’t had tons of snow I the past 20 years....

That was the snowiest euro run in quite some time...

I would also say it's quite a stretch to call it a "snowstorm" that the mid-Atlantic gets on that run next weekend. It's like 1-3". 

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

I will accept the solution with the least QPF possible.

Brian,  I have decided you have to move so that you can enjoy storms and QPF more.  Your north facing location on that hill is a no go.  Poor drainage.  Your not going to  be happy with this Euro clown map which includes tomorrows storm, weekend whatever and the 3rd system in about 9 days.  You'll never dry out.

Untitled.jpg

16 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Brian,  I have decided you have to move so that you can enjoy storms and QPF more.  Your north facing location on that hill is a no go.  Poor drainage.  Your not going to  be happy with this Euro clown map which includes tomorrows storm, weekend whatever and the 3rd system in about 9 days.  You'll never dry out.

Untitled.jpg

I'd like to push Evan Kuchera down a flight of stairs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

6z EPS yesterday sniffed this out . Snowpack survives!

It was the first guidance to change abruptly...but the solutions right now look nothing like the 06z EPS. 

So I suppose we can give it credit for identifying how volatile the situation was but it's not going to nail the storm. 

If anything, this whole setup is starting to look pretty weak sauce and not nearly as torchy rather than legit snowstorm possibility like the 06z EPS had that one run. 

That is good for surviving snowpack though. 

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I'd like to push Evan Kuchera down a flight of stairs.

I find it funny that wxbell and pivotalwx cant display cobb 11 but of course displays kuchera on everything. Kuchera actually does fail in somewhat marginal warm frontal snows...it underdoes ratios. At least you get via bufkit on iowa state. 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It was the first guidance to change abruptly...but the solutions right now look nothing like the 06z EPS. 

So I suppose we can give it credit for identifying how volatile the situation was but it's not going to nail the storm. 

If anything, this whole setup is starting to look pretty weak sauce and not nearly as torchy rather than legit snowstorm possibility like the 06z EPS had that one run. 

That is good for surviving snowpack though. 

I just meant it went from 60 and rains to N Maine’s to a fropa and BN temps with a snow shower. Maybe we’ve finally broken the pattern of Rainers after snowers 

1 minute ago, OSUmetstud said:

I find it funny that wxbell and pivotalwx cant display cobb 11 but of course displays kuchera on everything. Kuchera actually does fail in somewhat marginal warm frontal snows...it underdoes ratios. At least you get via bufkit on iowa state. 

It's horrible in paste bombs too.