Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Unfortunately, those hoping to end winter are gonna have to deal with the cold shots still. Big -EPO is going nowhere. Looks like it reloads again too near end of euro ensemble run. 

So better hope we score some snow events. It's either that or 1980s pattern....dreams of dancing through crocuses in 67F February sun like the past two years will remain just a collection of sonnets and haikus in Tip's poetry collection gathering dust. 

I'd take the 80s if we can continue it into the summer. July with frequent canadian high preshah would be a nice change. Anything but all dews all the time and daily monsoons. I live in C NH...not the amazon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I'd take the 80s if we can continue it into the summer. July with frequent canadian high preshah would be a nice change. Anything but all dews all the time and daily monsoons. I live in C NH...not the amazon.

Yes Please. Nobody but a select strange few enjoyed last summer down here. 

33 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Unfortunately, those hoping to end winter are gonna have to deal with the cold shots still. Big -EPO is going nowhere. Looks like it reloads again too near end of euro ensemble run. 

So better hope we score some snow events. It's either that or 1980s pattern....dreams of dancing through crocuses in 67F February sun like the past two years will remain just a collection of sonnets and haikus in Tip's poetry collection gathering dust. 

Rain and 37F followed by cold/wind does good for the soul. (And immune system)

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

There is value in winters like this....we will all appreciate the next blockbuster that much more. Life is all about balance...that said, it sucks resisting that impulsive need for instant gratification.

That is a good way to look at it.    

we will appreciate the next good winter more.   

Total positive snow depth change. Been interesting not posting and watching the super melts. Perhaps the best sign any snowlover in Ct can have is to have Kevin cancel winter Feb 11th. In case anyone didn't look all LR modeling and super Ens indicate we are entering a snowy period. Just keep melting its entertainment 

gfs_asnowd_neus_14.png

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Total positive snow depth change. Been interesting not posting and watching the super melts. Perhaps the best sign any snowlover in Ct can have is to have Kevin cancel winter Feb 11th. In case anyone didn't look all LR modeling and super Ens indicate we are entering a snowy period. Just keep melting its entertainment 

gfs_asnowd_neus_14.png

Hope you're feeling better every day.

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

gfs_asnowd_neus_14.png

It's def possible we don't melt off much of the snow/sleet later this week. It could end up as a combo of CAD rains (which won't melt much if below 37F) or some quick FROPA almost after a 44/27 day...or if things break right, even some snow. 

Torch is still on the table though too. 

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

gfs_asnowd_neus_14.png

I lol'd earlier this AM with the melt and towel tossing post.

That's why we like to get the shortwaves onshore. The GFS speeds up that southern streamer and keeps it potent right across the country. Previous runs lagged it back and had it get absorbed a bit by the trailing pacific ULL and then dampened downstream. Now we get the northern stream fropa and an attempt at getting the southern streamer up here. That's what I thought we had to have happen last night. I mean, this is still pretty much a crap solution, but congrats to those who want a colder rain. But at least there's a potential there to back something bigger and whiter into the region after a little CAA.