Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

56 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Most folks just want warmth and 60’s/70’s by mid Morch. You lose retention,you have warm Tip tanning sun.. any snow is really just stat padding . Winter effectively ends in early Morch other than a big blizzard as wavelengths lengthen .. I know you always had the Maine trip , but other than spring skiing and corn snow. The season ends. So I get his rationale .But unless it’s 2012 which was a dream for everyone with 70’s and 80’s. .. spring in New England is like having your back hair waxed with candle wax. It painfully sucks 

Lol did you forget what last year was like, 1000s of pages of posts. This shit is funny to me. Wasnt anybody more pumped for the mid month KU than you. I guess you really wanted warmth and your post count would have been similar at 60 and sunny. Its a charade

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Things don't look like they will change? On the cusp for 6 to 10 with the best eps look in your hood all winter?

6-10” (prob more like 4-8”) then wash it away. Seen this show a few times.  EPS has had a great look over and over and over since Jan with bare ground showing. Wake me up when we get a not 1980s look.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

6-10” (prob more like 4-8”) then wash it away. Seen this show a few times.  EPS has had a great look over and over and over since Jan with bare ground showing. Wake me up when we get a not 1980s look.   

Agreed--I think the biggest question is 'how cold will the rain be?".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Most folks just want warmth and 60’s/70’s by mid Morch. You lose retention,you have warm Tip tanning sun.. any snow is really just stat padding . Winter effectively ends in early Morch other than a big blizzard as wavelengths lengthen .. I know you always had the Maine trip , but other than spring skiing and corn snow. The season ends. So I get his rationale .But unless it’s 2012 which was a dream for everyone with 70’s and 80’s. .. spring in New England is like having your back hair waxed with candle wax. It painfully sucks 

April 2007 had 100" in 10 days time in NW Maine.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Good luck fellas on a nice March, aint happening James and you can lalalalal lock that up

Let them go. Winter goes until mid-March in NW MA and since I'm resigned to a cool and possibly damp spring,  we may as well have snow chances into April.   I mean jeez, my ski season doesn't generally start until February.

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

18z EPS caving back to the torch look for next Friday. Looks like it was indeed just a brief burp on them. It's still trying to transfer for NNE but that run definitely regressed from previous. 

It's a process to get it where we want it.... Not every run will trend in the right direction... Two forward one back

The spread is still large, but the mean clearly caved toward the previous torch solutions. That's not really debatable.

The uncertainty remains high...no argument there. It will still take some good fortune to get this one mostly frozen....even for CNE-northward.

10 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

At worst we get what we expected...a cold rain.  Def upside to this...just really need things to fall just right,   Would hate to lose a meager pack again so quickly.

I could see  rain until the heights fall rapidly and blue bombs CNNE.  This is what I see in the spread anyways.  The primary gets pretty far North, a storm forms in the SE, as the ULL rapidly deepens it draws a bombing system up the coast. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

I could see  rain until the heights fall rapidly and blue bombs CNNE.  This is what I see in the spread anyways.  The primary gets pretty far North, a storm forms in the SE, as the ULL rapidly deepens it draws a bombing system up the coast. 

What kind of cold air drain is available if we get a bombing coastal?