Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

19 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hard to imagine most if not all ski areas are boiler plate.  Good timing on their refresher 

Depends on snowmaking. Berkshire East is making snow on Outback and Roundabout, but I'd prefer to ski trails without snowmaking in your face. Just  skied Big Chief and it's edgable ball bearings.

9 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

12z GFS with a rainy 976mb sitting on James' head at 144.

GFS bringing us our rainy stemwinder again...maybe it has legs given the 6z EPS spread. Too bad we ridge to high hell from the primary before we back in a bomb. That would be a nice track for the interior with cold air in place. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

These are some weird solutions being spit out for Friday. I wouldn't trust really anything right now including the cold EPS mean. Most solutions are pretty torchy right now even if they are bizarre. 

It's another cutter, pretty simple as we have had them since December in this remarkablely stable winter pattern.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

These are some weird solutions being spit out for Friday. I wouldn't trust really anything right now including the cold EPS mean. Most solutions are pretty torchy right now even if they are bizarre. 

The only thing I trust is that it will rain ....couldn't care less how we get there.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, dendrite said:

GFS bringing us our rainy stemwinder again...maybe it has legs given the 6z EPS spread. Too bad we ridge to high hell from the primary before we back in a bomb. That would be a nice track for the interior with cold air in place. 

29 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You start to wonder if we end up with a stronger type coastal , minus the cold air. I think we had one like that in Dec and all the comments were “if this was a month or two later ,we’d be buried” . Except again we don’t have a ton of cold 

Yeah--we've had a few that tracked beautifully and the sensible reality was something that just sucked the big one.  Wasn't that the case of the really big rainer in early January?  This could be something similar.  Just sucks.

37 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Although those thicknesses are fairly cold. Hard to tell how it’s getting the lows in the spread where they are. We’ll just wait for 12z

Yeah it can't just be redeveloping lows in the warm sector. We wouldn't have 534 thicknesses over the pike if that was the case. 

Regardless, tossed for now. Maybe if we see it again at 12z it can be taken more seriously. 

Looking more closely at the 06z EPS, it is stalling Tuesday's system just to the northeast of us much longer than other guidance. So it never allows the downstream ridging and prevents the torch. It's definitely a total outlier and even a big change from 00z. So there's reason to be skeptical. If 12z doubles down then maybe it's worth more scrutiny but I'm kind of expecting it to go back to the previous solutions. 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looking more closely at the 06z EPS, it is stalling Tuesday's system just to the northeast of us much longer than other guidance. So it never allows the downstream ridging and prevents the torch. It's definitely a total outlier and even a big change from 00z. So there's reason to be skeptical. If 12z doubles down then maybe it's worth more scrutiny but I'm kind of expecting it to go back to the previous solutions. 

I tend to agree that it will revert back to blah. However, I also feel we’re due for something that finally breaks our way. We’ll see.