Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Honestly think this is the start of some really good snows for CNE NNE. We are on the gradient down here with hopes for a coastal or 2. Firmly believe Ray was on to something with the 69 analogy.  Gonna be one of the best March skiing snowmobiling years in recent memory.  Hard to do but IMHO you guys get absolutely smoked here on out.

Be nice if I was on to something....been mostly on something, so far... :lol:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I mentioned that trend in my blog....hedging against full on coastal, but we, especially you, have the best shot at that.

seems like next week will be wintry, some mood snow on Monday, maybe 4-6" deal on Wed and then hopefully something bigger on Friday.. hopefully there is enough spacing to avoid other atmospheric issues.  

27 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I mentioned that trend in my blog....hedging against full on coastal, but we, especially you, have the best shot at that.

Since this has been on the models, I have felt pretty good, As good as you can at the long lead for up here with just the way this looked @H5, But there has been plenty of other systems this winter that i didn't have that feeling, We have been sitting here right on the gradient for many of these where it remained all snow just 20 or so miles north and we have started out as snow then flipped to a mix to rain or just plain rain.

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

I haven't had to trailer at all this year but some of that is because I was too busy to ride around the holidays.  I could probably still ride from house this weekend but it will be icy and hard.  I'll wait a little so the groomers have a chance to do a little work and we get a little refresher.

I may have been able to leave from here maybe once or twice, But i have to navigate some asphalt to get to the trails and i my stud boys don't really care for that much...............:lol:

19 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Since this has been on the models, I have felt pretty good, As good as you can at the long lead for up here with just the way this looked @H5, But there has been plenty of other systems this winter that i didn't have that feeling, We have been sitting here right on the gradient for many of these where it remained all snow just 20 or so miles north and we have started out as snow then flipped to a mix to rain or just plain rain.

Haven't checked this morning but do you feel good enough to fire up a thread on HCS?  You're a god to those guys!

Boy ...when evaluating it's parallel run ... and then also comparing that 06z GFS operational run to all other guidance types and derivatives therein ... it becomes clearer than ever just how much that solution is like pouring diarrhea into a fan and then trying to find reasons for the pattern that is sprayed on the wall ... 

That's how much use that look has ...  It's really almost more than figuratively as though that run was completely sprung out of fractals and damped out all empirical inputs as it processed. 

If some how some way the future bodes well for that solution that so be it... 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Haven't checked this morning but do you feel good enough to fire up a thread on HCS?  You're a god to those guys!

Yes actually, I am going to after 12z over there, I feel real good on this next one and will outline my thoughts on the one thereafter too.