Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

2 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

I miss the days when this board was actually readable and worth scrolling through.  A few pellets and a cutter isn't my definition of "very wintry".  My morning lows below 0 last week are more wintry to me.

Next week looks snowy! Did you check the mjo forecast and the actual models saying these are cutters!?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I haven’t ever said big winter or anything like that . I had a normal snowfall winter forecast. Theres a difference between having fun and just making stuff up like you’re doing 

Do you mean like your claim that people were mentioning 1816 as a possibility for the summers of 2017 and 2018???

19 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Hope you enjoy your post frontal 48F Fri afternoon...maybe even tickle 50F if you get some sun.

I tell you what, I am starting to like these torch days.  I was sitting on my porch, sun on my nape, beads of sweat rolling down my pale down cheeks and forming on my Kevin-like smooth head.  Windows open and the house airing out.  I enjoy it when I know there is likely a period of cold and snow coming.

5 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I tell you what, I am starting to like these torch days.  I was sitting on my porch, sun on my nape, beads of sweat rolling down my pale down cheeks and forming on my Kevin-like smooth head.  Windows open and the house airing out.  I enjoy it when I know there is likely a period of cold and snow coming.

Yeah...I mean it is what it is. No one is proclaiming spring on 2/5, but we may as well enjoy the spring tease. Sometimes it's difficult to get days this nice even in April.

• Like 1

Just now, dendrite said:

Pretty much. I don't expect halfway decent weather until 3 weeks after the pack is gone. By then most of the mud is dry.

Aprils tend to be quite miserable here, I mean, Sure there is a chance for a warm day or two, But for the most part, Its typically quite raw having the ocean nearby.

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah...I mean it is what it is. No one is proclaiming spring on 2/5, but we may as well enjoy the spring tease. Sometimes it's difficult to get days this nice even in April.

The success criteria of a torch day:

1 can I sit comfortalbly on the porch tanning my nape

2 does my driveway mostly melt out

3 can I open the windows and air out the house

Today meets all three

Posted this in NYC metro but still applies to SNE right now:

Be aware, if you are hiking outside and there is and has been bare ground for awhile, then ticks are a risk. Every year we get a huge thaw like this I get the question “this can’t possibly be a tick can it?”. Yes it sure can be a tick! Anytime we are above 40 degrees for a prolonged period you can see adult ticks. Luckily, these are the largest life stage so they are easy to find before they have a chance to transmit Lyme. Keep in mind many areas across the region now have the Asian longhorned tick. We are still learning more and more about these guys, so if you see any ticks that you don’t recognize, feel free to message me, especially if you are in the Yonkers area.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Is the Sunday night/ Monday snowstorm mainly for CNE/ SNE or does it get farther north?

"Snowstorm".....might be flurries or even nothing. If there is anything, right now it's prob mostly south.

The one behind it looks further north and more significant.

13 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The crossings are for sure, It don't take long in this weather, Looks to turn colder this weekend and looks like a decent one next weds-Thurs to replenish.

I'd like to see a refresher here too.  The conditions this past weekend were as good as they could be.