Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You guys news to relax. You honestly got fired up by “ice is imminent?”  You do know his M.O. right? 

I didn’t get fired up at all Scott. I brought that up cuz he was pushing all morning long about melts and needling left and right, while offering very little to the board, but his pathetic type of statements.   Then he feels the need to go to a whole new level and attack my character and my Profession...that’s over the edge and totally inappropriate.  

• Sad 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

I didn’t get fired up at all Scott. I brought that up cuz he was pushing all morning long about melts and needling left and right, while offering very little to the board, but his pathetic type of statements.   Then he feels the need to go to a whole new level and attack my character and my Profession...that’s over the edge and totally inappropriate.  

Yeah that shouldn’t happen either. Maybe Kevin had a lunch IPA?  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m just going to ignore said poster. Somethings just not right , so no more interaction . 

Starting to get excited for ice event . Hopefully Euro continues the theme. 

You guys know how to play hard to get. Just embrace and release the tension.

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You guys know how to play hard to get. Just embrace and release the tension.

Happy endings 

meeting a cougar for lunch today 

they are so hungry 

it’s like when you kno you only got a few weeks left in the winter (of good looks) good climo and you really want to maximize those opportunities and you are very greatful when you do . I’m happy to bring the -NAO

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Stowe averages 300-315 a year at 3K

Mammoth is at least 400”

Yeah mammoth is prob at least 400 at the base. I bet up at 10-11k on the mountain they are 500+. 

Mammoth up to Tahoe will clear 10 feet I think out of this storm in spots. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah mammoth is prob at least 400 at the base. I bet up at 10-11k on the mountain they are 500+. 

Mammoth up to Tahoe will clear 10 feet I think out of this storm in spots. 

Where does one fly into for a weenie week trip to Mammoth Lakes 

i could find about $400 for 5 days at near 8800’ near mammoth village 

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Where does one fly into for a weenie week trip to Mammoth Lakes 

i could find about $400 for 5 days at near 8800’ near mammoth village 

There's an airport like 10 miles away but not sure how easy it is in winter. You can fly into Reno NV and be there in under 3 hours driving. 

I was at Mammoth skiing about 30-35 years ago.  Left LA with temperatures in the 80s in late February.   A friend and I got a cheap motel room and I bought a small carton of milk for my am cereal.   This was before the days of mini bars and refrigerators in rooms.   I opened the window and figured I’d lay the carton in the snow.  Unfortunately the pack had pulled away from the building.  Not realizing this I drop the milk carton.   It took a long time before I heard it hiit bottom...14 feet of snow!

5 minutes ago, 8611Blizz said:

Will I know it's far out in time so details are not there, but as of now does this look at all similar to 1-21 in terms of CAD into the coast?

Euro looks just a bit too wound up for that. But maybe....there's signs of mesolow too, even on the euro. If this gets strung out at all, it's gonna be really cold. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Thanks I think? Lol.

As in you say things that reflect deeper desires that you don’t want to acknowledge or talk about directly.  Sometimes “unowned” parts of yourself.   

Back to the weather conversation there is so much chaos on the models I think we should focus short term and look for those opportunities that suddenly get good around 72-96 as I expect later next will.   The models have been showing Nao ridging/blocking for a while now so I think it is going to happen at some point soon. Or at least enough to help most of us