Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

4 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Wolfie losing it

Lol...not losing it at all.  We’re all talking about things here and everybody is contributing good conversation, and he’s throwing weenies around and making fun of people.  Just ridiculous that’s  all...he offers nothing but bogus calls and  statements.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Your thinking frzr shot is higher in this event if CAD is solid 

The orientation of the high makes it very easy to ooze the low level cold down and lock in strong N or Even NW ageostrophic flow. We obviously need the low to track under it but if it does, it's very favorable for ice. 

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol...not losing it at all.  We’re all talking about things here and everybody is contributing good conversation, and he’s throwing weenies around and making fun of people.  Just ridiculous that’s  all...he offers nothing but bogus calls and  statements.

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

You are melting...it's okay.

It is going to ice this week, it just wasn't imminent 2 days ago.  I think Kevin just doesn't the definition of imminent. 

about to happen.
"they were in imminent danger of being swept away"
synonyms: impending, at hand, close, near, approaching, fast approaching, coming, forthcoming, on the way, about to happen, upon us, in store, in the offing, in the pipeline, on the horizon, in the air, in the wind, brewing, looming, looming large; 

Our culture these days seems to be about aggrandizement, i.e.  "the biggest, the greatest ever, blah blah blah"  Maybe he's caught up in that.

The winter is meh but it could still change and the models suggest that is possible, perhaps even likely.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s an impressive cold look over Conus After next week. Just sitting on the collective face of the continental US. 

You by far, have the best projections of anyone on the board.  I mean projections in the psychological sense btw, although your weather forecasts are quite good.

I'm not sure what the melting was about this morning.

32 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

I can honestly say to date this is the worst winter of my life. At least in other ratters it was warm and saved on heating bills. 

This!....if it is going to be a ratter, at least make it nice and warm...nothing like burning tons of oil with a dusting on the ground that ends up sublimating.

I mean, people are human and there will be melting...but we are now on to February...we know how this winter is rolling. There doesnt appear to be any big pattern reversing atmospheric rearranging in the cards this season...it tried with the SSW, but that didnt really do much for the storm track. So, just expect more of what we have already recieved. Go north if you need snow, there is plenty up north to ride and ski on.

2 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

I mean, people are human and there will be melting...but we are now on to February...we know how this winter is rolling. There doesnt appear to be any big pattern reversing atmospheric rearranging in the cards this season...it tried with the SSW, but that didnt really do much for the storm track. So, just expect more of what we have already recieved. Go north if you need snow, there is plenty up north to ride and ski on.

Why would we expect the same result though if a lot of the best indicators tell us not to expect that?