Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

4 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

And trying to save his outlook and that was posted before the GEFS lost the -NAO last nite 

lets see wether the Euro brings MJO to 7/8 or craps itself 

in the meantime we got troughs dropping to San Diego and a mean mean -PNA that is not in fantasy land 

He said the GFS was dead wrong. Saving his outlook? Stop being an idiot and accusing him of bias. If you want to dispute it, fine...have at it. This crap brings nothing to the table.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

GFS undercut that midlevel warmth pretty well too. +1C over my head but 14F at 2m at 144hr.

PV is back to putting up a fight SW of Greenland. So it's producing a weak block over the Davis Straight and its trying to link that block to the ridging going on near Hudson Bay ahead of the storm at D6-7....if those link up, then we're locked into a cold solution.

There's actually a pretty decent threat at a winter storm in that setup of some kind.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

PV is back to putting up a fight SW of Greenland. So it's producing a weak block over the Davis Straight and its trying to link that block to the ridging going on near Hudson Bay ahead of the storm at D6-7....if those link up, then we're locked into a cold solution.

There's actually a pretty decent threat at a winter storm in that setup of some kind.

Look at that Cad sig, woah

• Like 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Both finishing BN for Jan right?

ORH def is...BDL is gonna be closer, but they will make it too...like -0.2 or something. They were +0.5 coming into today...and they already put up a minimum temp departure of -25 today, and the high will be like a -20.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Next system repeats the process right away, gonna be a lot of ice for someone in ORH county. Some thing to watch when others said to toss the next 10 days this AM.

Maybe we can mini 98 somewhere with multiple weak waves cutting over a cold wedge.

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Next system repeats the process right away, gonna be a lot of ice for someone in ORH county. Some thing to watch when others said to toss the next 10 days this AM.

It honestly wouldn't take much to make that an overrunning snow event. I certainly wouldn't forecast that right now, but it is easy to see how the cold can filter right back down depending on the shortwave spacing up north.

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I tossed the next 10 days for big sne snow potential....colder outcomes have always been a distinct possibility, though.

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

ORH def is...BDL is gonna be closer, but they will make it too...like -0.2 or something. They were +0.5 coming into today...and they already put up a minimum temp departure of -25 today, and the high will be like a -20.

Dumb move on my part...idk why I went +2 to +3 in Jan. Should have just went inverse Dec and normal. I was worried about a torch period early Jan.

34 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

He said the GFS was dead wrong. Saving his outlook? Stop being an idiot and accusing him of bias. If you want to dispute it, fine...have at it. This crap brings nothing to the table.

Thanks, Ray. This is precisely what drives good posters away from the board. My track record regarding numerous warm winter and cold winter hits should lend credence to my objectivity. Rather than merely sitting back and inputting little value to discourse  I commend those who actually take the time to critically analyze the pros and cons of a pattern. Re: the MJO, it's not as if this hasn't happened heretofore. The tropical wave contaminating effects on the GFS have been recurring; the euro more accurately detects the true MJO signal. If I think winter's over, I will say so unequivocally. It is unfortunate that virtually everywhere in the Midwest and East have scored save for the PHL to BOS corridor. Patterns much worse have produced. The transient windows of Pacific favorability have been the primary flaw. We'll see going forward. I've said enough. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

EPO eventually always finds a way to chill us.

Euro has below zero mornings Friday and Saturday, Ct River valley radiates like hell on the Euro. I was surprised how cold it showed,  even adding 5 degrees is lower than I expected.  12 degrees here after a -4 this morning 

7 minutes ago, Isotherm said:

Thanks, Ray. This is precisely what drives good posters away from the board. My track record regarding numerous warm winter and cold winter hits should lend credence to my objectivity. Rather than merely sitting back and inputting little value to discourse  I commend those who actually take the time to critically analyze the pros and cons of a pattern. Re: the MJO, it's not as if this hasn't happened heretofore. The tropical wave contaminating effects on the GFS have been recurring; the euro more accurately detects the true MJO signal. If I think winter's over, I will say so unequivocally. It is unfortunate that virtually everywhere in the Midwest and East have scored save for the PHL to BOS corridor. Patterns much worse have produced. The transient windows of Pacific favorability have been the primary flaw. We'll see going forward. I've said enough. 

Posts like that are the smoking gun for the talent drain here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Posts like that are the smoking gun for the talent drain here.

Who left?   Seriously talent drain is bs.  Oh how fukking sensywensy FFS.   People need to grow a set....it’s a big wide world out there and don’t look here for validation.

• Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

ASOUT.. a gentle 1-2 day mild up and then right back to deep winter . All those posts yesterday about 4 -5 day torches and this morning melts about nothing for 10 days. Silly fools 

Great.  DEEP winter cold with an inch of snow on the ground, all of my "pack" will be gone early next week. 

11 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Who left?   Seriously talent drain is bs.  Oh how fukking sensywensy FFS.   People need to grow a set....it’s a big wide world out there and don’t look here for validation.

Plenty in the main forum.

Pound your chest all you want...its BS to call someone biased bc you disagree. He posted two paragraphs of sound analysis and has a damm good track record. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1