Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

It’s about to get real snowy if that’s the case. 

did you even read that statement/question ?

completely improper comprehension...    

2015 TOTAL/ ...this season's  (to date anyway)  ... should be justifiable to climo - 

what are you talking about 

9 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

12z GFS is tough to loop through...cutters, suppression, and finishes with a massive cutter.  Bitter cold in between the cutters.  The 1980s won't let go.

Pickle's on a vacation far away
Diane would like to talk it over
So many things that she wants to say
But he likes his girls a little bit older

She could really use some snow, tonight
He don't wanna lose his snow, tonight

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

It has become clear how this winter will go for me.  From Dec through mid March we'll get no huge storms...clearly caused by my acquiring a Kubota with front snowblower and thus preventing all major events requiring such a machine from occurring.  I've chalked this up to my wife working with nature to say "see you didnt need that tractor anyways!"

On or around March 15th everything will change because my wife has a scheduled C-section planned for the 20th.  As my winter lust for snow is replaced by paranoia about roads and conditions whenever we have to get to the hospital, I KNOW the biggest hum-dinger of a storm will come barreling our way and I wont have the time or mental power to track or enjoy it.

Thats how it works.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Pickle's on a vacation far away
Diane would like to talk it over
So many things that she wants to say
But he likes his girls a little bit older

She could really use some snow, tonight
He don't wanna lose his snow, tonight

I ain’t got many weather groupies left to D.M

nowhere left to enjoy that juicy double

you kno i’d Wishcast for ur juicy juuuce

Stay the nite , Kiev could be our fluffer

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

It won’t for a long time.  I almost wish we didn’t experience it (operative word almost).  It has ruined our perspective.

A couple of winters in Virginia has since recalibrated my expectations.  Oddly enough, this feels like a Mid Atlantic winter...although the cold is a little more intense up here.

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It won’t for a long time.  I almost wish we didn’t experience it (operative word almost).  It has ruined our perspective.

The experience was fantastic. It's just this constant belief that another 2015 will be walking in the door every winter that is going to drive me to drink. I don't want to see it thrown around every winter like the Sandy reference  is used by the NYC weenies in every tropical threat thread.

So maybe "Que sera, sera". Just like life. Enjoy the cold and the snow where you have it. And giving up now anywhere in New England is crazy. Serious winter can plow on right through March as last year shows. If not. At least the worst of the worst of New England: stiffling humidity under what we used  to call a Bermuda High (SE Ridge), will not be with us for months to come.