• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

I dunno .. that Tuesday has epic bust potential..  heh..jesus christ y'all sold on a +20 departure in early February with even so much of a modicum of an N stream identifiable is pretty short bussy

Be that as it may...  I could see Brian struggling with the 30s while it's 61 at HFD CT in that ...and that solution is fluid in my mind. 

We'll see.. .

• Like 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

I dunno .. that Tuesday has epic bust potential..  heh..jesus christ y'all sold on a +20 departure in early February with even so much of a modicum of an N stream identifiable is pretty short bussy

Be that as it may...  I could see Brian struggling with the 30s while it's 61 at HFD CT in that ...and that solution is fluid in my mind. 

We'll see.. .

I don't doubt that at all.....just void of big storm chances.

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I emailed a Met buddy of mine, he shall remain anonymous...I’ll refer to him as “Harv” to ask what time is best for tanning napes 

The restraining order is propagating lol ...any further email exchanges are prohibited.

After that call, we drop the "met buddy" and just call him "Harv"...lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

So you are a Yankees fan and a Lakers fan?

Yes.  Resided in LA 1976-91...amazing years.  I remember going into a market for some milk and rookie Magic Johnson is on line in front of me.  Showtime years and great finals rivalries with the Celtics.  

• Like 1

You can see why mid/late next week trended warmer from a couple days ago. On previous runs, The PV which lifts out of our region this weekend got stalled over Labrador and really kept heights lower and even dragged some ridging back across Greenland and into Baffin Island region. 

Now, the PV is folding like a cheap suit and gets bullied right out of the way and rotates into Greenland which is a good spot for raising heights around here and allowing cutters. That sticks with the 1980s theme. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The restraining order is propagating lol ...any further email exchanges are prohibited.

After that call, we drop the "met buddy" and just call him "Harv"...lol

As i laid out amongst the rosy skinned coeds as the suns phallic rise hit an apex at approximately 19:02, my nape moistened as the rays from a sun drenched day penetrated the nadir beneath my head and left me in awe as 24 hours prior it was 3 degrees with a fresh PP+ parked NE of Eastport Maine, and now we were pushing the limits of physics as 75 degree air drenched the young supple coed curves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Yes.  Resided in LA 1976-91...amazing years.  I remember going into a market for some milk and rookie Magic Johnson is on line in front of me.  Showtime years and great finals rivalries with the Celtics.  

I was hyperventilating as the Doc scored 7 points in the final 2 minutes as they swept the Lakers in 83.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You can see why mid/late next week trended warmer from a couple days ago. On previous runs, The PV which lifts out of our region this weekend got stalled over Labrador and really kept heights lower and even dragged some ridging back across Greenland and into Baffin Island region. 

Now, the PV is folding like a cheap suit and gets bullied right out of the way and rotates into Greenland which is a good spot for raising heights around here and allowing cutters. That sticks with the 1980s theme. 

At least there was SOME snow those years.

Tels. At least the EPO is negative. PNA is through the floor.

4indices.thumb.png.be7c47da6b06feefb7c73251e3aa42df.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

As i laid out amongst the rosy skinned coeds as the suns phallic rise hit an apex at approximately 19:02, my nape moistened as the rays from a sun drenched day penetrated the nadir beneath my head and left me in awe as 24 hours prior it was 3 degrees with a fresh PP+ parked NE of Eastport Maine, and now we were pushing the limits of physics as 75 degree air drenched the young supple coed curves.

...and then the subtle wailing of sirens in the distance, at first a distant groaning easily mistaken for an approaching backdoor front, growing ever more audible and irrefutably assuming a punitive undertone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This is fukkin gold.  Well done.

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Exactly why this season can't get off the ground....I do believe this is the Tenor for the second half of this winter as well...which isn't any different than these first 5-6 weeks.   Things look good on a run or two, then the carpet gets yanked out, and it's the "The 11-15 looks good" all over again lol.  Oh well...bring on the Torch, life goes on.

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ah, that may fit then.  Sounds like that winter had a big NNE/SNE gradient then.

It was a good winter in SNE. ORH had 76" i think. Rays hood may have had like 90". December was very cold but not a lot of snow. January sucked an February was great. Early march did have a good warning event too. 

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I envision lots of clouds with some dim sun... buds will become engorged... the chickadees will change their tune.... soon the leaves will turn leathery

Already heard a spring-is-near "phee-bee" call from a Farmington bird this past Sunday.  Pushing the season a bit, IMO.

Keep it going because we are going for the all-time snow depth record from 68-69.

Pinkham Notch reached 164" that winter - not bad for a notch rather than up the mountain, though it took a 77" storm to get there.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Ya...it never gets any closer lol.  

Sad season this year...we were due though.

Well we've had some periods of favorable patterns but we just haven't cashed in. Mid January was pretty decent and we did score a sleet bomb but D.C. also scored a foot of snow in an event we missed. 

But honestly, the EPS hasn't looked this good in the LR pretty much all season. It's been showing the look for a couple days now so there's some reason for cautious optimism. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Well we've had some periods of favorable patterns but we just haven't cashed in. Mid January was pretty decent and we did score a sleet bomb but D.C. also scored a foot of snow in an event we missed. 

But honestly, the EPS hasn't looked this good in the LR pretty much all season. It's been showing the look for a couple days now so there's some reason for cautious optimism. 

Well that does sound encouraging...thanks for the cautiously optimistic info... :-).   Hopefully we can break out of this BS we have been in...dam that'd be nice. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It was a good winter in SNE. ORH had 76" i think. Rays hood may have had like 90". December was very cold but not a lot of snow. January sucked an February was great. Early march did have a good warning event too. 

Ahh that's a different picture than what I thought after hearing pathetic Dec/Jan/Mar and epic Feb.  

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

But you guys have been saying get it into days 7-10.. so it’s now in real life land right?

Yeah the change back to good pattern is inside D10 now but the real goodies where the NAO goes negative it still out beyond that. Get that closer in. 

• Like 2