Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

25 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I’ve been checked out since day 1. I was hoping for a low precip season, and instead it’s been way above normal. No one wants to hear about my coop drainage issues again though. :lol:

But yeah, I’m fine with some snow, but I could do without the crap events and 1-3” from every cutter. I fell on my driveway Friday and totally oliterated a bird feeder in the fall. When the driveway builds up as much ice as Lake Winni that’s usually when I start pulling my hair out.

I glanced at the GFS and wondered to myself how much w.e. can a snowpack actually hold?  3-5" of glacier here now, 4"+ coming tomorrow night and then a cutter or two currently modeled with arctic intrusions in between.  I won't see my shaded areas until May if we really build an ice pack but sounds like you NNE folks are already there.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm sure enough people are about ready to give the NAO the finger....but there's also been a steady trend the last 24+ hours to hold the big PV vortex that swings through our region this week over northeastern Labrador/N of New Foundland instead of slingshotting it back into Baffin Island region....so what it does by getting stalled south like that is suck the ridging near Iceland back across Greenland and even into the Davis strait and that is a pattern that will tend to press any cold-loaded airmasses in Canada east and southeast rather than allowing warm air advection to overcome the southern periphery. 

Essentially, we're getting some weak, but impactful NAO ridging next week. 

I wish I could pass on that. I'm done with anything other than a major snowfall, at this point.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

On the GFS 15 Dendrite doesn't sniff non frozen precip. That's a sweet run

18z gefs is probably the best h5 look inside of 15 days I've seen this entire winter. Whether it's a total blip or the beginning of a long awaited move towards a better upper level pattern is tbd. I'll take the under but I'm not mad at the run. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

18z gefs is probably the best h5 look inside of 15 days I've seen this entire winter. Whether it's a total blip or the beginning of a long awaited move towards a better upper level pattern is tbd. I'll take the under but I'm not mad at the run. 

Lol been a battle but, we're still here.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Does the end of the week/ weekend still have that overrunning/ice look to you?

Looks warm right now early next week. Perhaps mid week and beyond could be overrunning, but that starts to get beyond the range of any accuracy. I suppose things could change, but plan on some warmth I think. Even up north.