Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hybrid Clipper Event 1/27-1/29

Baum

9 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

I think you and me are lined up about the same for this, so we may be in the same boat whatever that is lol.  The trend definitely doesn't seem to be our friend, but having the Euro on our side is somewhat encouraging.  Obviously the QC has had an exceptional lucky streak that started last March, so you gotta figure our luck would run out sometime lol.  

Cyclone you need to share the love. You have cashed in on almost every storm. Lol

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

It seems like the problem for Iowa may be up in Canada.  The models keep starting the southeast dive farther eastward in Canada.  The GFS almost has this thing into Manitoba before it enters the US.  Iowa does not get Manitoba Maulers.

Agreed. Stebo mentioned earlier that this shift has a lot to do with more emphasis being placed on the northeast side of the disjointed vort as opposed to the S/SW side of it.

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

I think you and me are lined up about the same for this, so we may be in the same boat whatever that is lol.  The trend definitely doesn't seem to be our friend, but having the Euro on our side is somewhat encouraging.  Obviously the QC has had an exceptional lucky streak that started last March, so you gotta figure our luck would run out sometime lol.  

Yeah, looks like it. Hopefully your hot steak keeps going. Need a little December 2010 magic. :guitar:

And I was 31 for V Day 2007. LAF with 17.0”. Coupled with the Feb 6 clipper that dropped 6” and one that had 2.5” a couple days after the blizzard, just over 2 feet of snow in a 10 day span. Those were the days...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Indystorm said:

IND calling for rain and high near 40 Monday.   Wagons north!

You just can't buy a break down there. I had to laugh at my point forecast this evening. It's as clear as mud:

Monday
Snow, possibly mixed with freezing rain before 4pm, then snow between 4pm and 5pm, then rain after 5pm. High near 33. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

Yeah, looks like it. Hopefully your hot steak keeps going. Need a little December 2010 magic. :guitar:

And I was 31 for V Day 2007. LAF with 17.0”. Coupled with the Feb 6 clipper that dropped 6” and one that had 2.5” a couple days after the blizzard, just over 2 feet of snow in a 10 day span. Those were the days...

Good memories.  What a stretch that was... that was like an entire season's worth of snow in 10 days