• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

Hybrid Clipper Event 1/27-1/29

Nothing model specific, but locally it is interesting DTX has been riding a 4" call and TWC hasn't budged from their 5-8" call in days. :weenie:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ChiTownSnow said:

Any thoughts on current radar trends?

Things appear to be unfolding appropriately and as modeled. We will want to pay close attention to when the turn from SE to E begins 

• Thanks 1

We’ve held on to snow for a little longer than I thought. Bright banding and Reduced CC a county west suggest it won’t be too much time till sleet/freezing drizzle/drizzle begin. Hopefully we can get above freezing at some point.

10F right now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Moosey2323 said:

If you're an optimistic Southeast Michigander, do yourself a favor and avoid looking at the 0z HRRR.

Furthest north model at this point and still trending south run to run.

21 minutes ago, n1vek said:

Nothing model specific, but locally it is interesting DTX has been riding a 4" call and TWC hasn't budged from their 5-8" call in days. :weenie:

Speaking of TWC - they just upped my totals to 1-3” tonight and 6-10” tomorrow haha. Gotta love TWC.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Moosey2323 said:

If you're an optimistic Southeast Michigander, do yourself a favor and avoid looking at the 0z HRRR.

take em out back and slap the sh7t out of em:lol:

• Haha 1

It’s nice to have a storm I can weenie out to.  Feels like it’s been awhile since I felt good about our chances at double digits.  Could be a change but 0z HRRR for one looks like a beaut.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Moosey2323 said:

I wanna see anyhow!  Lapeer County Michigander with a NWS call of 7", so should I be looking at more or less?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

0z NAM south a bit once again.

One of the things that may make tomorrow AM miserable is any type of wind. It will compound the clearing of roads. Makes an “advisory level” snow a hugely impacting event. The timing also just could not be worse.

3 minutes ago, ILSNOW said:

image.thumb.png.556dafa4876ac15ae648fdd304c0a586.png

Don’t post that cr*p here... ;-) Debbie downer type map right there for NE IL.

Have a feeling people are going to wake up many places surprised (both with more and less snow than expected). Lots of variables here.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HillsdaleMIWeather said:

Wondering if IWX, DTX and GRR are gonna have to do some upgrades 

I've been wondering the same, but the models seem all over the place for our area. I think it will really come down to timing. The key player is when that clipper decides to orient itself to travel NE. We saw one GFS run where it did that quite late and southern Michigan got hit well. The other question is if the dry slot will come out to play. The Canadian model has treated us pretty well most runs. The NAM is hit or miss, and the HRRR doesn't like us right now.

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosier said:

NAM really cut the qpf in northern IL.  Hopefully a blip.

Precip currently extends farther south than the NAM has though, so there's that.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

NAM is totally missing what's happening in southern Iowa so if you're riding the southern end, wouldn't freak yet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

NAM is totally missing what's happening in southern Iowa so if you're riding the southern end, wouldn't freak yet.
NAM has been really struggling with this air mass with dry air issues. If soundings otherwise look as good as previous runs, then should be good to go.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1