Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hybrid Clipper Event 1/27-1/29

Baum

29 minutes ago, Stebo said:

That is for lake effect, though I do think you should have been in one originally especially if you combine the synoptic with the lake effect snow.

Drove from BC to Three Rivers then to Jenison (just outside of Grand Rapids). Roads were terrible in BC. Subsided as I entered St. Joseph county.. got to Three Rivers and WAA took hold. Temps rose from 18° to 35° within 30 minutes. Got onto 131NB and watched the temps fall with freezing rain turning to drizzle and sleet as I approached Grand Rapids. Temperature is now 17° with a nice gusty east wind north of the low pressure center that’s headed your way. What a system. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, snowcaine said:

5" being reported at YYZ in Toronto. Looks like we could make a run for 9"

It's incredible out there. YYZ back down to 3/4 SM visibility in SN.

Well, the LES certainly over-performed on this.  We should easily coast into the 7-10" range when all is said and done.  Probably the best storm since 2013-14.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Cary67 said:

May have to go back out and measure again to add to totals.Coming down impressively

Damn right... Just shoved another 1.5 inches or so and some nice flakes out there now...

Had to get the end of the driveway shoveled for the 3rd time. (City of Elgin plows amazingly but I didn't want that to freeze up tonight with the temps crashing!!!)

5.5" of "igloo cement" from round 1 here in Marshall. Rebuilding a nice snow pack after nearly completely getting wiped out just last Wed. Total for month of Jan now knocking on 20" despite the wasted rainer event. We'll see if the PV visiting Lake Michigan's warmer than normal January waters can be a booster?

-SN picked up again in LAF. All the melted water froze into a thin sheet of ice quickly after the frontal passage, roads are pretty bad and I almost slipped several times on the sidewalks. With the careening temperatures and the howling winds outside, it really feels like how I'd imagine the Arctic. Very harsh weather.

• Like 1