Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hybrid Clipper Event 1/27-1/29

Baum

1 minute ago, HillsdaleMIWeather said:

Wondering if IWX, DTX and GRR are gonna have to do some upgrades 

I've been wondering the same, but the models seem all over the place for our area. I think it will really come down to timing. The key player is when that clipper decides to orient itself to travel NE. We saw one GFS run where it did that quite late and southern Michigan got hit well. The other question is if the dry slot will come out to play. The Canadian model has treated us pretty well most runs. The NAM is hit or miss, and the HRRR doesn't like us right now.

• Like 1

NAM is totally missing what's happening in southern Iowa so if you're riding the southern end, wouldn't freak yet.
NAM has been really struggling with this air mass with dry air issues. If soundings otherwise look as good as previous runs, then should be good to go.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Just now, RCNYILWX said:

NAM has been really struggling with this air mass with dry air issues. If soundings otherwise look as good as previous runs, then should be good to go.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ever think of a side career as a counselor/therapist? :-) Forecasts like this have to be hard for your office. People go to bed with one message and wake up with “reality” (either way it’s hard to be right on the nose...)

Thanks for your posting, love the actual expert views and insight into thinking...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1