Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Massive Sou'easter could bring damaging winds to Eastern MA

USCAPEWEATHERAF

15 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

What a weenie location, but it is 80+ knots at 1500 ft from KBOX.

I'll be curious to see how it handles the river rising.

Presumpscot is a pretty flashy river.  I think a quick 4-5 ft rise will kick that thing into Casco Bay. (In a thousand pieces) :(

BHB has been reporting winds in the 40G50 range all afternoon.  Would be an exciting time on the Cutler coast cliffs (though one might have to dodge falling spruce on the walk in.)  Probably more salvage harvests coming up on the state land north of the highway.

7 minutes ago, The Graupler said:

Yup, Columbian St at Park Ave is closed, you can imagine the mess there.  

My drainage age around my house couldn’t keep up with that deluge... nor could my sump pump

My neighbor effed with the culvert and the backed up my perimeter drain, so there was nothing draining off the foundation. FTL...:gun_bandana:

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

My neighbor effed with the culvert and the backed up my perimeter drain, so there was nothing draining off the foundation. FTL...:gun_bandana:

I got into some ponding on the Maine Tpke out in that left lane coming back from NH today, A couple good ones too that went across the whole lane from clogged drains.

24 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Actually surprised that we didn’t lose more. i figured I’d see some grass at least in the areas I had shoveled paths for my dog in the back yard. Still solidly covered, same as the area in my front yard that I clear to park my snowmobile trailer.  

Didn't seem to lose much here either.  Still very deep and now water logged.  

Dumping up at the resort, roads were covered with snow down to about 1,300ft.

7 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

this is the worst cutter i can remember in January in my 32 years especially after such an arctic blast.....just a reminder that we don't really live in a winter/cold climate. 

It’s all relative 

but ya we don’t live in a winter wonderland 

we all have fond memories of epic stretches that seem to be chased every year , leading some to believe  we do . We don’t have to get to far north thou

Stowe and Jay and those towns above 1500 are and there is civilization there , otherwise first Ct. lake and Aroostook county Maine are definitely winter wonderlands annually