• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January/February Winter Storm Threat Tracker

Ji

I need to drive back from north Florida, and was originally planning to go to somewhere in North Carolina on Tuesday and then come into DC on Wednesday morning. Now wondering if I should shift that a day, doing Monday/Tuesday instead. (Not a big fan of being on I-95 between Richmond and DC in any sort of questionable weather.)

12 minutes ago, jacindc said:

I need to drive back from north Florida, and was originally planning to go to somewhere in North Carolina on Tuesday and then come into DC on Wednesday morning. Now wondering if I should shift that a day, doing Monday/Tuesday instead. (Not a big fan of being on I-95 between Richmond and DC in any sort of questionable weather.)

I would keep checking back here for updates! Seems like this one has some elements that give it "surprise" potential...but not sure if that'll be clear for the next few days

9 minutes ago, eurojosh said:

That's not not promising...

Edit: I'm not saying it's promising either. Just not unpromising.

2nd edit: Not a deep enough LP to do damage, but looks like a decent backside snowfall - am guessing around .1, maybe a little more.

image.thumb.png.facb837e89f6d5068e4f26b7f8da77e0.png

A 1009mb low in the middle of the Polar Vortex. Pretty interesting. There must be a strong SE flow somewhere. 

Icon illustrates how unusual this arctic front is. It crawls across our area as everything tilts around the tpv. Similar to the euro with a wave of low pressure.

I think the gfs is probably wrong and will likely be another boring fropa. Leads are getting short enough to trust the euro the most and now seeing the icon come around builds confidence. Wobbles and shifts are likely but the idea of a wave running along the front is becoming more likely.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Icon illustrates how unusual this arctic front is. It crawls across our area as everything tilts around the tpv. Similar to the euro with a wave of low pressure.

I think the gfs is probably wrong and will likely be another boring fropa. Leads are getting short enough to trust the euro the most and now seeing the icon come around builds confidence. Wobbles and shifts are likely but the idea of a wave running along the front is becoming more likely.

Speaking of which, check out the temps post-passage.  Coldest I've seen it here in a long time.

image.thumb.png.3c7d5c6a67dbd740b7d584d4229a841d.png

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic