Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January/February Winter Storm Threat Tracker

Ji

4 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Euro have anything Thursday with that piece of vorticity rotating through?  Looks like a similar surface reflection in VA like the GFS/GGEM.  

Through 144 has some QPF, mainly in WV and west of i81 more towards Alleghany Front... 150 its gone.  No real QPF outside the zones mentioned at 144

2 minutes ago, Mdecoy said:

Kind of an odd precip map. You don't often see a west to east type setup with precip where Fredericksburg does better than NYC.

Miller B crazy

I'd definitely want some buffer zone on this sort of setup within 48 hours so when it has the inevitable move N we're still in the good stuff.  

• Like 1

It kinda falls apart at 192 hrs, but the 168hr setup is pretty loaded on the Euro.  PV moving toward the 50/50 zone, northern and southern shortwaves moving toward each other, and a nice PNA ridge. 

Looks like the big ULL west of CA sort of kicks the ridge too far east by 192, but a nice setup regardless.  

• Like 1

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Negative tilt phase job. NE pummeling. Hopefully the scraps for our area don't become crumbs.

The way it evolves (as currently shown) I would be surprised if we didn't see anything. IF the cold gets in here on time that is. But yeah the NE would probably get pummeled if it played out this way.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic