Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January/February Winter Storm Threat Tracker

Ji

Just now, Ji said:
4 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:
based on the last few storms I'd say our old saying of wanting the storm SE at this point is a good thing

Even when it came up the coast it was rain

Similar overrunning scenario as the CMC after the whiff. SE GA get's smoked. lol. Still snows on us so you got your digital snow fix. 

Just now, Ji said:
4 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:
based on the last few storms I'd say our old saying of wanting the storm SE at this point is a good thing

Even when it came up the coast it was rain

I think moving forward after Friday the airmass is a little different but my point was the old New England proverb saying Ye Ole storm cometh more norther

27 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Euro digs into Mexico with the PV pressing down further south.  Maybe it’s going to try a cmc type solution.

I was going to comment and say I thought LP placement wise on the CMC, it would look a whole lot better with the precip maps with a track going from outer banks to cape May, nj. Nothing else really supporting it right now however 

EPS has unusually high spread d6-10. Some spread is normal but there is really no consensus on how this period plays out. The overrunning scenario that the op has actually has some decent ensemble support but even that ranges from a second big storm coming up from the south, clippers, moisture running boundaries, etc. After looking through the 12z eps run through d10 I really have no idea how any of it is going to play out. 

Just now, Bob Chill said:

EPS has unusually high spread d6-10. Some spread is normal but there is really no consensus on how this period plays out. The overrunning scenario that the op has actually has some decent ensemble support but even that ranges from a second big storm coming up from the south, clippers, moisture running boundaries, etc. After looking through the 12z eps run through d10 I really have no idea how any of it is going to play out. 

:snowwindow:

6 minutes ago, luckyamaha said:

850s not bad for a storm signal on EPS and low location still looks ok but lots of things need to happen after this Thursday storm to thread the needle and get something going before the PAC acts bad

I wouldn't be so quick to assume the pac is going to be bad. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, snowfan said:

This weeks system looks juicy. Last thing we need is another 1-2" of rain.

The thing that bums me out the most about that is the fact that I love visiting bodies of water to see the process of them freezing in winter and last night and tonight will cause the ice to start to form, then back to back days we'll above freezing with rain is going to crush that. Having serious doubts I'll get my frozen river this winter. 

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Just saw that.  Both nams stay much cooler Wed night Thurs morning compared to the Gfs which allows less of a drop needed at the surface . Only 850s we wait for . I think the cooler surface depicted by the nams is closer to reality 

They were closer in temps here over the weekend rain. I made comments many times about not thinking it would get that warm but in all fairness it did warm up significantly to my east

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Icon is setting up a straight west to east event. Heights already rising in front of it. But it’s the Icon. 

Might be a simplified way to event then hoping for a closed low traverse if the gulf and getting tugged north.  Seems with the wave spacing being so tight, might be preferred 

3 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Might be a simplified way to event then hoping for a closed low traverse if the gulf and getting tugged north.  Seems with the wave spacing being so tight, might be preferred 

Definitely preferred. Gulf storms that bomb north up the coast are amazing but for every 1 that works 100 fail. The icon idea is much easier way to snow here. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic