• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 23-27th 2019 Short Term Winter Threats.

John1122

I had to travel to Fentress County this morning around 9am and seeing the main road by my house covered in snow made me even more surprised that they had school in Cumberland County today, let alone on time. It was really slick with ice under a lot of the snow from all the rain yesterday. I was very surprised they didn't cancel after driving in it.

2.thumb.jpg.fab7d417515794b22248220f9b26d107.jpg1.thumb.jpg.a1093d2713a350250073595a234adb3b.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Shocker0 said:

I had to travel to Fentress County this morning around 9am and seeing the main road by my house covered in snow made me even more surprised that they had school in Cumberland County today, let alone on time. It was really slick with ice under a lot of the snow from all the rain yesterday. I was very surprised they didn't cancel after driving in it.

2.thumb.jpg.fab7d417515794b22248220f9b26d107.jpg1.thumb.jpg.a1093d2713a350250073595a234adb3b.jpg

That was surprising. We started 2 hours late to give some time to see what was going to happen and once the freezing drizzle and snow came off and on the roads got like that here and they cancelled. 

• Thanks 1

Not sure if it will amount to much, but the NWS now has a 50 percent chance of snow here Sat night - Sunday night, possibly switching to rain during Saturday afternoon. Will see if it happens. The models were really over amping this period 3-5 days out. The threat for Tuesday feels more real but I'm always skittish until the snow starts falling.

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic