• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan-19-21 OBS for Snow/Sleet/ZR/Rain/Warmth/Cold - we got it all

ChescoWx

0.5" of snow and IP yesterday before change to rain - Total rain 1.51" with 0.81" since midnight - total snow for the season now up to 10.7" which is 1.5" below our normal snow through today.

The true push of cold advection has not begun as temps are still slowly rising now at high for the day of 41.2 - this will change soon

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

Still haven't replaced my broken rain gauge. (Out of sight, out of mind. Getting to that age were I have to write notes to myself.) Anyway, temp up to 40F as more showers roll through.

Well there's that, but also measuring rainfall in January isn't nearly as interesting as measuring snow, lol.

The latest batch of rain gave me 0.07" more for a total of 0.67" rain for the day (1.33" for the event).  Temp hit a high here of 44 around 10 am and it's on it's way down. Sun popped out briefly after the rain was done but am back to overcast. Currently 42 and poised for the arctic front to come soon.

50 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Yes it did! Along with a few smaller incidental piles, and there's even a thin bit of snow in a couple of shaded spots. I imagine staying out of the 50s helped a lot. Now how soon can we get some more???

Glad to hear! Kamu's snow pile is about the only tangible sign of winter we can cling to...lol!

Topped out at 41F this morning, now down to 38F with a breeze picking up.

Really getting cold here. 19F, feels like 9F with the wind. Bouncing around between 7 and 9MPH. No idea how much rain we got, my rain gauge was clogged with ice and snow. Was out an about this morning. all around my house the trees are completely coated with ice. A mile down the road, there is no ice on the trees whatsoever. Really cool how how the freezing line can setup.