Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Jan/Feb 2019 Obs and Discussion

MAG5035

9 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

All this talk about Church camp and here I am posting about defiling @Flatheadsickness's nanny. I regret nothing.

I might need her back tonight this shit is getting heavy quick.  I suggest you fellows here south and east of the burg get that shit off your driveways sidewalks now. 

Taint here in Tamaqua. About 70/30 sleet/snow now. Just measured 2.5" in the backyard. Hopefully I got it before any compaction. Once that line started moving, it moved fast...

Surface temp back up to 34 as well, so it appears that freezing rain won't be an issue.

3 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

BTW...I wasn't trying to take attention away from the storm tonight by those posts.  After Sauss asked it sent me off in the direction of looking at that since for those of us "down here" that's the next big thing.

OK...back to the storm already in progress...

If that verifies, it’ll be a big thing for certain

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

Mostly sleet now in Marysville. We got about 3.5 inches before the changeover.

Those of us in Cumberland all seem to have ended up with around 3.5".  How's that for consistency?

I'm still 100% sleet.  However my temp has slowly begun to rise and is now up to 31.3.  I don't think there will end up being any freezing rain here either, or if there is it will end up melting before dawn.

6 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Hang on for as long as you can. You’re State College’s probably 45-60 minute warning this event. 

It's getting close, probably within the hour or maybe even half hour. Latest radar seems to show it already in southern Blair. Pretty much on schedule as the HRRR has had it this evening mixing near midnight. Gonna be one heck of a pack when it freezes solid probably after about 8 or 9am tomorrow... the snow on it's own is pretty thick. I'm probably going to clear the driveway when it mixes over. 

Changeover occurring.. snow, some sleet, and maybe some freezing rain. Cleared off at 6.9". 

13 minutes ago, north pgh said:

Nice picture. I am 2 hours west of you and still have moderate rain. We here may end up with zero inches from this storm. 

You guys definitely fared the worst out of all of us on that jog NW the storm ended up doing at game time. I expected Pittsburgh to ride the line and it looked like it mixed/rained all the way to Clarion. Fortunately it's still only Jan 19th. I think we will have more chances down the road in the perhaps nearer future.