Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Jan/Feb 2019 Obs and Discussion

MAG5035

42 minutes ago, Ruin said:

thanks for the welcome as i said in the other forum to me all my life PA was the Mid Atlantic Not sure when it changed lol. but yeah the radar look way more juiced then it was called for and temps being below forecast could be a good front end thump.

Welcome, Ruin. I am the resident warmanista of the forum, largely due to my career as a commercial driver, but I do like snow when it's a big event. That being said, kick off your shoes and spend your time with us. We may not be as active as those in the forum to the south of us, but we are friendlier!

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

Welcome, Ruin. I am the resident warmanista of the forum, largely due to my career as a commercial driver, but I do like snow when it's a big event. That being said, kick off your shoes and spend your time with us. We may not be as active as those in the forum to the south of us, but we are friendlier!

Yeah its nice when you dont have to go any where either. or jobs who force you to go into making you feel as if call off they will find a reason to fire you.

7 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

What’s the consensus, Is there going to be a break between rounds and if so when does round 2 start ?

well the way the radar looks atm its going to be hard only to get 1-2 inchs of snow over night best time to fall. future radar I saw doesnt really break it up at 6-7am like every one is saying. its about 11am but that was a few hours ago I saw the future radar could have changed. but i could see a outside chance this turns into one long duration event. no real breaks. id give it a  %5 chance at that tho.

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I can throw a rock from my house & hit the river. 

Also, I think they will be adding some counties later on to the Advisory.

Hey blizz...good call on your part.  They've added the remaining LSV counties to the WWA.  Now we don't have to throw stones at the river to see more than 2".  :)

Love seeing the "snow may be heavy at times" verbiage in my point n click tomorrow afternoon and night.

My point n click range of total accumulation is now 4" - 10".  I've got 1-3, 1-3, then 2-4.  I can just about guarantee that my forecast will verify....haha.

4 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Hey blizz...good call on your part.  They've added the remaining LSV counties to the WWA.  Now we don't have to throw stones at the river to see more than 2".  :)

Love seeing the "snow may be heavy at times" verbiage in my point n click tomorrow afternoon and night.

My point n click range of total accumulation is now 4" - 10".  I've got 1-3, 1-3, then 2-4.  I can just about guarantee that my forecast will verify....haha.

Thanks !

Yes, CTP seems to be all in on this storm!

The radar still looks good for round 1 with precip still back into OH.

34 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Wow, that’s awesome 

could be a fun 2 days

15 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

0Z Nam really gung ho on freezing rain.  Not sure I believe this but not a map you see every day.  Some of this has to be sleet.  General 3-6" snow and then 12-15 hours of ice!

image.thumb.png.c5f1921eaddb7c10922a9123ad616ff4.png

I want to say it was 1996 we had a sleet storm that looked like a snow storm. 4 or more inchs of sleet it was crazy but it was drivable but it was a slow go cause we had 2 inchs of snow before hand.