Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Jan/Feb 2019 Obs and Discussion

MAG5035

2 hours ago, djr5001 said:

Still light drizzle here (between @sauss06 and @Blizzard of 93) and its freezing on everything - measured close to 0.10” on a cold surface.  I need to find or set something up for better measurement later.  Had max depth of 5” and melting down now to see liquid content which I should have done a few hours ago as the snow let up.  Current depth now that there is a layer of ice is closer to 4.5”.

I’ve basically been outside since 2pm. Everything here is ice crusted. I’m still at 28 with freezing rain. 

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service State College PA
650 PM EST Wed Feb 20 2019

PAZ027-028-056-057-059-063>066-211100-
/O.CON.KCTP.WS.W.0003.000000T0000Z-190221T1100Z/
Mifflin-Juniata-Perry-Dauphin-Lebanon-Cumberland-Adams-York-
Lancaster-
Including the cities of Lewistown, Mifflintown, Newport,
Harrisburg, Hershey, Lebanon, Carlisle, Gettysburg, York,
and Lancaster
650 PM EST Wed Feb 20 2019

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST
THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Freezing rain and sleet. Total ice accumulations of
  around one quarter of an inch and additional sleet
  accumulations of less than an inch are expected.

* WHERE...Portions of central Pennsylvania.

* WHEN...Until 6 AM EST Thursday.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ruin said:

hmm so as soon as it starts back up I go from 29-32 out of no where. hope heavy bands can knock it down to 29 and snow. but i doubt it. something fishy is going on heh

It’s too warm aloft for any snow now around here - we are pretty much down to freezing rain

• Like 1

Just now, Atomixwx said:

My employer sent a mass text at 5:15 telling 3rd shifters to be in on time and everybody tomorrow is business as usual. #whoops

your employer is responsible if any one is in a accident since some employees feel as if they dont show up they are fired. or will be written up etc. i had a job who tried to force me to come in saying you better find a way. mind you this was in 2 feet of snow. I was like look here 1 your not my dept supervisor 2 I dont have a vehicle that can drive in snow up to my doors. 3 if i feel like im forced to come to work or ill be fired and if i get in a accident cause of it your held liable. so unless your going to pick me up in a lifted truck you better calm down. with that said id rather drive in 2 feet of snow vs ice. Mind you this post under is more about snow. but if you did drive to work and get in a accident do to no fault of your own but because road conditions were not safe. Also does any one remember when a state of emergency meant if a cop pulled you over you got a ticket if you were not essential personal.

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/legal-and-compliance/state-and-local-updates/pages/snow-lawsuits.aspx

17 minutes ago, Ruin said:

your employer is responsible if any one is in a accident since some employees feel as if they dont show up they are fired. or will be written up etc. i had a job who tried to force me to come in saying you better find a way. mind you this was in 2 feet of snow. I was like look here 1 your not my dept supervisor 2 I dont have a vehicle that can drive in snow up to my doors. 3 if i feel like im forced to come to work or ill be fired and if i get in a accident cause of it your held liable. so unless your going to pick me up in a lifted truck you better calm down. with that said id rather drive in 2 feet of snow vs ice. Mind you this post under is more about snow. but if you did drive to work and get in a accident do to no fault of your own but because road conditions were not safe. Also does any one remember when a state of emergency meant if a cop pulled you over you got a ticket if you were not essential personal.

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/legal-and-compliance/state-and-local-updates/pages/snow-lawsuits.aspx

What is the law in Pa?