Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Jan/Feb 2019 Obs and Discussion

MAG5035

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i can't get a radar here at work, i can't see any of that. I'm trying to determine when the rain starts?

Latsest HRRR says there could be just a very tiny amount between 4 and 7pm (a few hundredths).  The significant stuff arrives after 7:00pm.  The late afternoon stuff shouldn't be enough to affect the roads with their prior treatment.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Latsest HRRR says there could be just a very tiny amount between 4 and 7pm (a few hundredths).  The significant stuff arrives after 7:00pm.  The late afternoon stuff shouldn't be enough to affect the roads with their prior treatment.

and temps don't look to go above freezing until later tonight and with sunset around 5, might allow for ice and trouble for a couple hours. 

4 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

Saw this before and wanted to comment...surprised it is that warm above up there but I seem to remember State College always turns fast in these situations.

I think it has more to do with rates...we’ve been in a dry slot for a while. Official measurement was 3.9” at the Walker Building not too long ago. 

Just now, Winter Wizard said:

I think it has more to do with rates...we’ve been in a dry slot for a while. Official measurement was 3.9” at the Walker Building not too long ago. 

Just surprised it is not light snow.  It is still snow in areas of MD to your south with light rates...still snowing here in fact and I an west of the first mountain range.  But like I said I remember some people having this discussion 15 years ago centered around why State College seemingly changes over so quickly. 

Freezing drizzle here with a very light crust on the new snow and 27ºF. 4.8" is my total snowfall for now barring whatever sleet we get later. Wind has been a thing here today, quite a bit more blustery than I was expecting. It was blowing and drifting the intense snow around this morning and making it lovely with the freezing drizzle currently. 

11 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

I was, thanks.  I am going through that "whats next" phase right now.  The Euro on weather.us is a lot slower than the paid folks get it. 

It really didn’t pick up this event until after last week’s so the possibility definitely isn’t dead and certainly could come back.  Sometimes it just seems in active patterns that there is too much going on ahead of potential events that the models struggle until one or two move through and are out of the way.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, daxx said:

End of euro run so close to something big.

Been reading a lot of opinions from respected mets to watch for the first full week of March. 

I like March snow (okay, any snow) because of shorter wave lengths and more dynamics at play in the atmosphere. If something can blow up in early March it might be special. 

I shoveled my driveway an hour ago and the pavement is 100% wet. 2/20 solar radiation for the loss. :(