Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Jan/Feb 2019 Obs and Discussion

MAG5035

5 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

I’d like to see the radar backfill a little bit to the west.   We may run out of moisture before the column 

That is my feeling in that, at least with this first batch, we do not see a lot of sleet or FRZ and the snow or whatever custs off 2-3ish. I am worried that modeled temps are too low and the second batch that comes by this evening is going to be rain with surface temps in the 20's. 

29 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

I’d like to see the radar backfill a little bit to the west.   We may run out of moisture before the column 

Its being pushed west to east so fast we are not even going to get that hour or two where we thought we could hold onto snow before the flip.  NWS noted movement speed is 60mph which is faster than some summer thunderstorms!

4 minutes ago, djr5001 said:

Its being pushed west to east so fast we are not even going to get that hour or two where we thought we could hold onto snow before the flip.  NWS noted movement speed is 60mph which is faster than some summer thunderstorms!

How will the speed affect the potential sleet and frzn at the end? 

2 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Back edge around Cumberland MD puts it 75 miles away.   I’d say 1.5 hours for western lsv guys 

Yea but I would bet it builds a little back.  Heavy stuff seems to be out of here around lunch though.  The band moving in near Hagerstown is going to drop 2-4" by itself for anyone that lines up ino the widest part.