Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA - Jan/Feb 2019 Obs and Discussion

MAG5035

4 hours ago, daxx said:

I know you mentioned the later two events but I would pay attention to the Saturday snow chance first.  We are starting to see a bump north on models. I Would not be shocked if we end up with a couple inches out of it.

Ok, back to the weather for a minute...

@daxx the 18z GEFS agreed with you. It shows the LSV getting a couple of inches from the Saturday storm & then a couple of more inches from the Sunday night into Monday storm. 

The GFS & Euro Ops today only needed a 50 to 75 mile bump north to get the LSV into the good snow this weekend.

Here is the 18z GEFS through the end of the first possible storm on Saturday. 

4D5DA717-C733-4A1C-A525-C1FAB3595806.png

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Ok, back to the weather for a minute...

@daxx the 18z GEFS agreed with you. It shows the LSV getting a couple of inches from the Saturday storm & then a couple of more inches from the Sunday night into Monday storm. 

The GFS & Euro Ops today only needed a 50 to 75 mile bump north to get the LSV into the good snow this weekend.

Here is the 18z GEFS through the end of the first possible storm on Saturday. 

4D5DA717-C733-4A1C-A525-C1FAB3595806.png

Gotta love the almost inevitable north trend in models whether it hangs on there or not.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

Hmm, I agree that his posts seem different at times but I really hate to start banning people.  You probably know this but you can hide him from your feed as to seeing his original posts.  

what I don't want is another MA forum debacle this forum has been great even though at times when the weather is boring it can lead into other conversation, this garbage he writes is not something we need to read. Enjoy the Weather and it is the only weather we got. :-) JB. 

The NAM hasn't seemed enthused with the weekend threat attm, being way south and not much in the way of a system. SREFs looked like they had some members showing snow but not a really strong signal. Not quite a short term thing yet though, so the usual disclaimers about the NAM/SREF applies. 

I still think this system stays largely south but may end up having something for our southern tier. 

These pics are two of the fruits from my P.ostreatus all grown indoors  Notice the first fruits look like more like a classic mushroom it was fruited in fair weather. The Second and third pic is P.ostreasus that was fruited during a parade of winter LP's. Notice all the pinners  (baby mushrooms) second pic and the tight clustering of the fruiting body's third pic .The kicker is my fruting myculium starts to cluster and pin out before these system arrive even when grown inside because they are trying to save the fruiting bodys from freezing and put out those little pins to replace bodys injured from the the cold. They will do this indoors and out. Not only dose the fruiting body react the hypie of the mycelium also react by spreading out. I would think that adaptation would be to allow for better drainage after storms and snow melt seeing that colomys of myculium can grow to the size of Rhode island . The forth is myceliun you could say its the roots of the mushroom but a miconut would kill me because there not roots. Mycelium absolutely  knows well before we do. I believe the real  secrets of forecasting are in the extracellular enzyme production. 

DSC01558.JPG

DSC01968.JPG

DSC01969.JPG

DSC01344.JPG

First pic is my Eisenia fetida as deep moisture approaches it facilitats them to surface and climb. next pics is my Eisenia fetida as deep moisture gets closer. They never all come up. I belive only some worms have this embedded there dna to help insure survive during floods. I need to find a way to tag a few. and see if its the same worms. The Collembola in my worm bin also near the surface before any rain or snow arrives. The third pic is for you low lifes that like to trash on people with disability's because you think your smarter and yes thats my middle finger . 

DSC01435.JPG

DSC01428.JPG

DSC01967.JPG

20 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Didn't Harry and Lloyd have a worm farm......

Yes they did Harry and loid used there worms to chelat specific elements to bond to unbounded calcium then facilitate a chemical reaction useing gibberellic acid  to produce gama radation  its way above you bro dont worry about it. 

2 hours ago, Flatheadsickness said:

your gona love it man and probaly hate me to

Nah. I just don't understand a lot of it. I think. I can get why some are butthurt because a lot of it feels like incoherent rambling, but at 330 in the morning, unless there's a monster run of the Euro, does it really matter? 

I mean, it's banter and banter threads exist, but nobody seems to be calling for my head (and maybe they should) but the way I see it is, I've been doing this for quite a few years and even survived telling the board moderator to kiss my ass (I received a 15-day sending off), so I think we've seen about as bad as it can be. 

I think some should move on from it, and maybe you can dumb it down for those of us who may have not spent a few millennia in space lol.

• Haha 3

Just now, bubbler86 said:

At the airport heading home and just checked the 12z Nam.  Saturday system is being pancaked by the confluence to the north.  No room for it to grow "up" when these players are all that close. 

I may be totally wrong, but it doesn't look like it gets much above Maryland? 

On 2/13/2019 at 12:13 PM, Wmsptwx said:

Yay, I'm not the dumbest forum member anymore......lol.

Not to say you are, but I can't understand what the **** the dude is saying half the time and I consider myself to be pretty learned. So I may be the forum dummy. Or it may be you. I don't think there's a person alive who can establish this currently.

All the people who could understand all died millions of years ago and white people such as yourself flock to Egypt to read stick figures on basement walls and shit. 

3 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Not to say you are, but I can't understand what the **** the dude is saying half the time and I consider myself to be pretty learned. So I may be the forum dummy. Or it may be you. I don't think there's a person alive who can establish this currently.

All the people who could understand all died millions of years ago and white people such as yourself flock to Egypt to read stick figures on basement walls and shit. 

Dude, your posts are pretty much highlight of this forum imo and turnpike joke was legendary. I am definitely less intelligent than Flathead in actuality though....dude is like on his own  level on some of this stuff.

14 minutes ago, canderson said:

... back to the weather.

At a quick glance it appears the 12z models lost basically every snowmaker potential for the next week. Cutters but I don't see any cold air to help it not rain. 

There is NOTHING good to see as far as one can see...

So I stopped in after self-imposing a 25 day ban on myself for my little Eric Horst meltdown that upset people back in January. 

I just got finished reading this thread...what in the world has happened in here? Actually, what has happened in almost every thread on American lately? 

I've been posting over the past 25 days under my old handle over on Philly Wx. After taking some time to read this thread, I am quickly seeing myself out and heading back over to Philly. 

We (and i put myself squarely in that "we") were so much better than this. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

There is NOTHING good to see as far as one can see...

So I stopped in after self-imposing a 25 day ban on myself for my little Eric Horst meltdown that upset people back in January. 

I just got finished reading this thread...what in the world has happened in here? Actually, what has happened in almost every thread on American lately? 

I've been posting over the past 25 days under my old handle over on Philly Wx. After taking some time to read this thread, I am quickly seeing myself out and heading back over to Philly. 

We (and i put myself squarely in that "we") were so much better than this. 

Use the ignore button. Stick around, we need you! 

But yeah it looks pretty blah for the next week. Not snowing on Presidents Day should be illegal.