Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Jan/Feb 2019 Obs and Discussion

MAG5035

23 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

There are so many waves on the map that it is hard to keep track of them both visually and when discussing.  Everything beyond Saturday is going to change depending on how the first two waves act and I hate to keep pushing out the timeline and saying "well wave X is going to cut but wave y is going to be our biggie in 7 days".  But yea the mid week system (Wave 4, Wave 5?) is a bit hit on the 12Z GFS.

Yeah, tight spacing, but since blocking has been largely void for us, that IMO is a net + as there wont be enough time to spin up a good one that would likely cut to michigan.  Keep throwin sh!t in the chute and we are bound to hit a couple.  

34 minutes ago, anotherman said:

Hopefully, that's where he's been because I can't imagine what overdrive would be like.

lol. Seems that I offended him. No mocking intended. Just how my mind works.

Speaking of which - you know, @anotherman, I think we resemble each other. Not in facial features per se (although there is a slight resemblance), but there's a certain look/attitude/ that comes across in both our avatars. Don't you agree?

Getting an awesome squall right now.

2 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

Speaking of which - you know, @anotherman, I think we resemble each other. Not in facial features per se (although there is a slight resemblance), but there's a certain look/attitude/ that comes across in both our avatars. Don't you agree?

:lol: Yes, absolutely.  I was going for the tortured squirrel look.

Another squall. These squalls are great. They're the quick popcorn variety, but this is probably my 4th today so far. 

Actually way prefer this to something like our recent slop-fest type storms. I'll take heavy wind-blown powder any day - even if it's only a minor accumulation. You can have the 6+ storms if there's ANY sleet or freezing rain involved. To me those events are like they never even happened. Well, except for having to shovel it, of course.

26 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Till the pattern changes Were going to be lacking a four letter word for most of these events. COLD.

I like snow but I have had a lot of ice this year. Just got done cleaning 500' of 2" of ice.

Maybe we will get some normal weather according to NWS "Pic"

image.jpg

Just has to be cold enough....better than showing that god awful SE ridge from hell...although this likely implies some of that pig ridge showing up. 

• Like 1

Nothing scientific about my thoughts here. Just the musings of an old man.

Seems to me terms like "seasonable" and "normal" are losing their meaning. And the phrase "the new normal" drives me nuts. Just don't see anything stabilizing enough in the near future to be considered normal. Maybe "the new abnormal" is more fitting.

Keep telling my kids that the best skill to have in the future will be the ability to adapt because things are moving fast and our ability to keep up with and understand all the rapid changes and resulting complexities/interrelationships may be beyond our science.

• Like 1

Any chance that snow shield in western central PA makes it into harrisburg area? it looks pretty sizable but these things normally break apart or dry up. Also when if at all will a post be made about the late sunday snow and tues night snow chance?

7 minutes ago, Ruin said:

Any chance that snow shield in western central PA makes it into harrisburg area? it looks pretty sizable but these things normally break apart or dry up. Also when if at all will a post be made about the late sunday snow and tues night snow chance?

I know you mentioned the later two events but I would pay attention to the Saturday snow chance first.  We are starting to see a bump north on models. I Would not be shocked if we end up with a couple inches out of it.

4 minutes ago, daxx said:

I know you mentioned the later two events but I would pay attention to the Saturday snow chance first.  We are starting to see a bump north on models. I Would not be shocked if we end up with a couple inches out of it.

18z Pappa G was a nice step towards it. 

5 hours ago, kerplunk said:

Its cool Kerplunk I dont understand others intent never will . 

3 hours ago, kerplunk said:

Nothing scientific about my thoughts here. Just the musings of an old man.

Seems to me terms like "seasonable" and "normal" are losing their meaning. And the phrase "the new normal" drives me nuts. Just don't see anything stabilizing enough in the near future to be considered normal. Maybe "the new abnormal" is more fitting.

Keep telling my kids that the best skill to have in the future will be the ability to adapt because things are moving fast and our ability to keep up with and understand all the rapid changes and resulting complexities/interrelationships may be beyond our science.

I believe I may have triggered this thought . And let me tell you kerplunk I agree with you but let me tell you something about my self . I fear god , I am a patriot, I  no longer have cable. I no longer have any cell phone or ever will again , And I respect my elders. I may not be neurotypical in mind. But I hate to see the emoral  path we are takeing. I am as old school as it gets and it gets me into trouble with the modern persons way of thinking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kerplunk said:

Thanks. That's a lot higher than most folks here. Must be a good spot for snow. Also a scenic area. I'm envious. 

It’s decent for SW PA-however elevation just east of us in somerset County is higher and does much better snow wise-we still have the warm tongue make it up where I am (on occasion) when it’s a threat-we almost need the perfect setup for a snow storm when the L rides up the spine of the apps.....other than that our LES is better on the mountain than a few miles down into Uniontown....Wednesday next week looks interesting although it’s WEDNESDAY next week! Lol

56 minutes ago, Flatheadsickness said:

I believe I may have triggered this thought . And let me tell you kerplunk I agree with you but let me tell you something about my self . I fear god , I am a patriot, I  no longer have cable. I no longer have any cell phone or ever will again , And I respect my elders. I may not be neurotypical in mind. But I hate to see the emoral  path we are takeing. I am as old school as it gets and it gets me into trouble with the modern persons way of thinking.

This is a weather forum. Can you please take this garbage to the MA forum? They are so much used to this type of crap. In here it has been a great group of guys that love winter weather.  If you want to discuss the weather stay by all means but there is zero point for this. 

• Like 1

Sorry Pa but I have seen plenty and plenty of other talk like this here in cenral pa from you guys with talk like this with no problems. Would you like me to repost  because I sure will .Maybe that talk offend me when I just wanted the weather .  I have been trying to talk about the weather since day 1.I respect you Pa and love the forums enthusiasm .There is  3-4 truley intelligent fellows here about the weather, Thats all I want to talk about and people want to insult me because they think they are way smarter than they are. , I thought this forum as for true weather enthusiast not guys competing to be the best at something no man is very good at and proving eachother wrong. I thought this forum would be intelligent  enough to realize there is more to forecasting the weather than sitting at A computer looking at a screen and crunching numbers. If you guys dont believe Bio and weather are symbiotic and have a future together than your uneducated.  This fourm is not going to learn much worth while if only talk of computers models and willing in storms lol.  This pic will be the something like the future of forecasting along with your improving  silly computers. I belive it will be fungus more than insects. Now Fell free to insult but no I will not let it just fly by like bich. Now get back to looking at fake maps.

images.jpeg