EVENING TO 7 AM EST MONDAY...
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
TUESDAY MORNING...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Snow accumulations tonight of around 2
  inches tonight. Heavy mixed precipitation possible from Monday
  afternoon into Tuesday. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 6
  inches and ice accumulations of one tenth of an inch are
  possible.

* WHERE...Dauphin, Lebanon, York and Lancaster Counties.

* WHEN...For the Winter Weather Advisory, from 7 PM this evening
  to 7 AM EST Monday. A brief break in snow will occur in the
  morning and early afternoon. For the Winter Storm Watch, from
  Monday afternoon through Tuesday morning.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions. Be
  prepared for reduced visibilities at times. Plan on difficult
  travel conditions. Plan on difficult travel conditions,
  including during both the even

The other watch zones they have is:

- Up to 6" and 0.25" ice in the south central (JST/AOO region with Cambria, Blair, Huntingdon, Somerset, Bedford, Fulton and Franklin counties).

- Up to 6" and a tenth of ice in Perry, Cumberland, Adams (Gettysburg.Carlisle) 

- 4-8" and up to a tenth of ice in the whole north central, UNV, IPT to down as low as Mifflin/Juniata Counties)

I'm guessing this would be in addition to tonight's snowfall.

11 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

The other watch zones they have is:

- Up to 6" and 0.25" ice in the south central (JST/AOO region with Cambria, Blair, Huntingdon, Somerset, Bedford, Fulton and Franklin counties).

- Up to 6" and a tenth of ice in Perry, Cumberland, Adams (Gettysburg.Carlisle) 

- 4-8" and up to a tenth of ice in the whole north central, UNV, IPT to down as low as Mifflin/Juniata Counties)

I'm guessing this would be in addition to tonight's snowfall.

I wold have thought that too but the wording on the AFD seems to suggest total of 3-6 for the LSV (the only one I read).

29 minutes ago, daxx said:

Yea this is kind of crazy.  A cutter like this and we might be seeing a warning level snow/ice event.  When do you return?   The long range is starting to look very interesting. 

I meant to say Nam above but guess you figured that out.  :-).  I am down here until either Wed night or Thursday AM.  Keeping both options open in case it snows so much that flights are still delayed Wed.

Very excited about the LR as well. Have not had a chance to look today but I would think we have a shot at snow every 3-4 days for the rest of the month.  Some times it will cut but at least there is a chance.

Just now, bubbler86 said:

I wold have thought that too but the word on the AFD seems to suggest total of 36 for the LSV the only one I read).

Yea it is kind of confusing, but LSV has an advisory handling tonight's snowfall and you'd need the higher totals from the portion under the winter storm watch to verify WSW criteria. So I think that 3-6" is just from the main portion under the watch.  

25 minutes ago, Flatheadsickness said:

Nanny is all worked up for this event. She is out in the shed already with her conair removing the ice cicles from her beef curtains singing Jackson Browne's song for adom.

I told her she was taking me to Olive Garden on Tuesday for Valentine's day. I also said she wasn't getting any. Tell her to leave the beef drapes alone.

31 minutes ago, Flatheadsickness said:

Nanny is all worked up for this event. She is out in the shed already with her conair removing the ice cicles from her beef curtains singing Jackson Browne's song for adom.

Man, if I didn’t have to work in this slopfest, I’d be sitting back with some Perpetuals just waiting for your next post! 

27 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Yea it is kind of confusing, but LSV has an advisory handling tonight's snowfall and you'd need the higher totals from the portion under the winter storm watch to verify WSW criteria. So I think that 3-6" is just from the main portion under the watch.  

The Point to Click probably gives us the answer...an ADDITIONAL 3-6" for the LSV.  1-2 tonight and 3-6 extra.  Schools might be closed Mon and Tue instead of just 2 hours tomorrow.  July 4th will be as American as Apple Pie and Schools finally finishing their 180 days.

12 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

The Point to Click probably gives us the answer...an ADDITIONAL 3-6" for the LSV.  1-2 tonight and 3-6 extra.  Schools might be closed Mon and Tue instead of just 2 hours tomorrow.  July 4th will be as American as Apple Pie and Schools finally finishing their 180 days.

Schools are legally obligated to wrap up by June. Up in MAG's area, they started doing 3 hour delays to avoid throwing days away to make Saturday sessions necessary.

• Like 1

Just now, Atomixwx said:

Schools are legally obligated to wrap up by June. Up in MAG's area, they started doing 3 hour delays to avoid throwing days away to make Saturday sessions necessary.

Interesting.  My July comment was obviously a joke but it we were to get a true HECS with cold temps afterwards schools would definitely be scrambling to get days in.

Plus, in the school district I went to, they've started writing days off as "teacher in-service." I have no idea how that is legal, but they've been doing it for a few years. I think my 17-year-old niece and 7-year-old nephew have had about 125 days of school accumulative in the past three years between Sub-Zero days, snow days, flood days, and now mold days.

I guess a lot changed in the last 20 years since I was in school. in 93 I was off for 2 weeks from the blizzard and cold. then a few other days here and there from other snows. we didnt get out of school till almost july. If memory servers went to school till like the june 20th or some where around that time.

1 minute ago, Ruin said:

I guess a lot changed in the last 20 years since I was in school. in 93 I was off for 2 weeks from the blizzard and cold. then a few other days here and there from other snows. we didnt get out of school till almost july. If memory servers went to school till like the june 20th or some where around that time.

Welcome!  We are just a tad more welcoming here than the forum south of us :-).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ruin said:

Yes, welcome!

thanks for the welcome as i said in the other forum to me all my life PA was the Mid Atlantic Not sure when it changed lol. but yeah the radar look way more juiced then it was called for and temps being below forecast could be a good front end thump.

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

I can throw a rock from my house & hit the river. 

Also, I think they will be adding some counties later on to the Advisory.

yeah the whole advisory or watch per county is stupid. a storm system doesnt know where the county line is. Ive seen times when one town city in a county got 10 inchs and another one got 2.