• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Jan/Feb 2019 Obs and Discussion

MAG5035

Just measured 1.3” on my board and driveway has maybe .3” (northern Enola) - there is not much moisture in these flakes at all so ratios could very well be close to 20:1.  Radar looks great but other than a period of larger flakes earlier it is really not coming down the way radar makes it look like it should be.

1 minute ago, djr5001 said:

Just measured 1.3” on my board and driveway has maybe .3” (northern Enola) - there is not much moisture in these flakes at all so ratios could very well be close to 20:1.  Radar looks great but other than a period of larger flakes earlier it is really not coming down the way radar makes it look like it should be.

Radar does look like it is back building a bit. 

1 hour ago, djr5001 said:

The stuff that fell here this morning was the same way. It was probably the fluffiest snowfall all winter so far. Snow growth must be in the right spot for good ratios. 

I'll do a final measurement once the back edge swings through. It sure does look like it will stop abruptly once it does.

Eyeballing things, it looks almost as if I doubled my previous measurement. We've had good rates and big flakes for the past two hours.

The sidewalks were shoveled once, and the plow had gone down the street, but the vehicles are untouched.

FB_IMG_1548803966458.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, canderson said:

3.75” of the fluffiest snow I’ve ever seen I think in midtown hbg.

Overperformer in my mind. Bring on the Arctic air!

Congrats.  What a difference 20 miles East-West made with this one.  1.4" for me and 3.8" for you.  :) 

The models consistently said the drop off would occur just west of the river and they appear to have been right.  Oh well, at least my ground is white again and the forest behind me is all covered.  Very picturesque...until the howling winds arrive tomorrow morning.