Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Super, Duper SWFE

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, The Graupler said:

Odd... you’re in Weymouth right?  I barely have an inch of snow left, inch and a half tops and had nothing but  sleet to rain to sleet since I was up at 7:30.  Was pouring all morning,  my blue spruces are feeling the weight 

Well, he is a notorious slant sticker. :whistle:

As for a total, I was guessing 15”-16” and lo and behold, I apparently have a neighbor who is a BTV NWS employee and they reported 15”

..WASHINGTON COUNTY...
   1 SW EAST BARRE       14.9   330 PM  1/20  NWS EMPLOYEE            
   2 WNW WORCESTER       14.8   100 PM  1/20  CO-OP OBSERVER          
   EAST MONTPELIER       14.0   420 PM  1/20  PUBLIC                  
   MARSHFIELD            14.0   305 PM  1/20  PUBLIC                  
   MONTPELIER            13.5  1200 PM  1/20  PUBLIC                  
   WATERBURY CENTER      13.0   717 PM  1/20  TRAINED SPOTTER         
   3 W PUTNAMVILLE       13.0   300 PM  1/20  PUBLIC                  
   E MONTPELIER          12.0  1000 AM  1/20  PUBLIC                  
   MORETOWN              11.5  1210 PM  1/20  PUBLIC                  
   2 W WALDEN            11.5  1030 AM  1/20  PUBLIC                  

...WINDSOR COUNTY...
   NORWICH               13.6   649 PM  1/20  PUBLIC                  
   HARTLAND              13.2   525 PM  1/20  PUBLIC                  
   1 SE WEST NORWICH     12.0   935 AM  1/20  PUBLIC                  
   1 SW HARTLAND         11.1  1140 AM  1/20  C

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

As for a total, I was guessing 15”-16” and lo and behold, I apparently have a neighbor who is a BTV NWS employee and they reported 15”

..WASHINGTON COUNTY...
   1 SW EAST BARRE       14.9   330 PM  1/20  NWS EMPLOYEE            
   2 WNW WORCESTER       14.8   100 PM  1/20  CO-OP OBSERVER          
   EAST MONTPELIER       14.0   420 PM  1/20  PUBLIC                  
   MARSHFIELD            14.0   305 PM  1/20  PUBLIC                  
   MONTPELIER            13.5  1200 PM  1/20  PUBLIC                  
   WATERBURY CENTER      13.0   717 PM  1/20  TRAINED SPOTTER         
   3 W PUTNAMVILLE       13.0   300 PM  1/20  PUBLIC                  
   E MONTPELIER          12.0  1000 AM  1/20  PUBLIC                  
   MORETOWN              11.5  1210 PM  1/20  PUBLIC                  
   2 W WALDEN            11.5  1030 AM  1/20  PUBLIC                  

...WINDSOR COUNTY...
   NORWICH               13.6   649 PM  1/20  PUBLIC                  
   HARTLAND              13.2   525 PM  1/20  PUBLIC                  
   1 SE WEST NORWICH     12.0   935 AM  1/20  PUBLIC                  
   1 SW HARTLAND         11.1  1140 AM  1/20  C

My reports were so nice, they put them on twice

IMG_0355a.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

I came up with 14.5" here.  Looks like the BTV NWS office reported the same at their last measurement.  With 16" at the upper mountain stake, it was a pretty uniform snowfall regardless of elevation or topography.

It has some density to it, but is also light, dry arctic storm snow.  A good synoptic snow water content but yet arctic temperatures...I bet it's 1" of water here on 14-15:1 ratios, which is just about what was expected. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I came up with 14.5" here.  Looks like the BTV NWS office reported the same at their last measurement.  With 16" at the upper mountain stake, it was a pretty uniform snowfall regardless of elevation or topography.

It has some density to it, but is also light, dry arctic storm snow.  A good synoptic snow water content but yet arctic temperatures...I bet it's 1" of water on 15:1 ratios, which is just about what was expected. 

It sure felt like a lot more when I was shoveling. Got very lucky when a neighbor passing by on his tractor cleaned out the end of my driveway and pushed the sides back. 

Just now, mreaves said:

It sure felt like a lot more when I was shoveling. Got very lucky when a neighbor passing by on his tractor cleaned out the end of my driveway and pushed the sides back. 

It definitely could be.  Shoveling was not easy.  Almost wind-packed density but deep.  Type of baking powder that just explodes into the air when snowblowing.

I replaced the shear pins on the snowblower and was pleased to let it do much of the work today.  First time on the season and hardly used it last year as I did not know why it was so little help.

I never know how my reports will appear with the NWS.  I put in the other that I am 4 miles NW of Norwich and 1 mile SE of W Norwich and let them decide.  It is not consistent but I try to give them the info inc elevation because my position up here is certainly different than it is down in the center of town.

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

lol @MetHerb don't give me that "hmm" stuff. When you sent the link there was zero reports from CT in that pns, go back a few versions you'll see it.

but right now there is three totals from Litchfield cty, so that helps some, thanks.

Relax dude...You asked where you could find reports for Litchfield County.  I gave you a link where they would be.  I didn't say that there were any at the time but that's where you would find them.  Moments later (within 30 minutes) there was a report.  I'm glad it helped.

3 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Relax dude...You asked where you could find reports for Litchfield County.  I gave you a link where they would be.  I didn't say that there were any at the time but that's where you would find them.  Moments later (within 30 minutes) there was a report.  I'm glad it helped.

He has had a stressful day and no power. Dylans the man, Herb

Scooter had me running scared when he said my precip records were off lol. Today I triple checked and came up with 3.54. I couldn't believe it until I saw the Cocorahs report from East Brooklyn about 3 miles to my NE of 3.55 . Amazing how much rain we got. Squeezed every inch out in the warmer sector. 

34 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Scooter had me running scared when he said my precip records were off lol. Today I triple checked and came up with 3.54. I couldn't believe it until I saw the Cocorahs report from East Brooklyn about 3 miles to my NE of 3.55 . Amazing how much rain we got. Squeezed every inch out in the warmer sector. 

Oh stop lol.

It was a good day. 16.9” snowfall total in Charlotte, VT. I can’t say I’ve ever seen 40 dBZ returns with subzero temps (-6°F) before. It was very cool to see the raging SSW WAA above 800mb and NNE cold air draining down the Champlain Valley at 925mb.  Very cool storm. 

D1B08DF1-FB07-465F-8C7F-84B05D7A01A9.thumb.jpeg.e8b592484db426ed54686c5078fdb3b3.jpeg

4C4002F4-458D-4C85-8C73-170243E0F697.thumb.jpeg.0af89f8165416d2531b176a0edee7bf5.jpeg

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Go outside and check out the moon eclipse ultra cool and red

I was out getting the car de iced again.....fabulous eclipse but damn.....not nearly as dramatic as the full solar. But while de icing I realized my fingers were hurting....noticed it was 3 degrees!

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I was out getting the car de iced again.....fabulous eclipse but damn.....not nearly as dramatic as the full solar. But while de icing I realized my fingers were hurting....noticed it was 3 degrees!

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought this. -6/-10 here.