Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Super, Duper SWFE

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

I got the same shot.

you have power there?

For the time being. Have coworkers in North Haven without power. I've been lucky here. My neighbor two door up has a large branch down on the power line, but thankfully wasn't enough to take it out. Hope you get yours back quickly. 

2 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Had an absolutely gorgeous sunset with the light passing through the ice. Like the trees were ablaze. 

image.jpg

Beautiful! The only thing I can say for ice storms is that afterwards they are beautiful catching the light. Still REAL happy I didn't get any. Don't think anyone who went through 2008 here would disagree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Does anyone have or know where i can find any reports from Litchfield county, CT? I have like nothing for that county except two which are boardering fairfield/new haven

I posted a report earlier - a guess, not a measurement...

Washington Depot (in Litchfield County)

about 3.5 inches, just over 0.1" ice accretion

elevation here is about 760 feet

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

5” total down to about 3” and change of cement. About .2-.25” accretion. Looks awesome out there with the ice and snowpack. Sledding was fun with a minor accident lol.

This storm was a win here. I certainly did not expect temps in the 20s after mid morning. Was worried the 3” would wash away. Nice winter scene out there. Although this storm was not as snowy as it looked a few days ago, it managed to do a bit better than I expected. My only two storms sort of exceeded my thoughts in this meh winter. Irony. 

Odd... you’re in Weymouth right?  I barely have an inch of snow left, inch and a half tops and had nothing but  sleet to rain to sleet since I was up at 7:30.  Was pouring all morning,  my blue spruces are feeling the weight 

12 minutes ago, The Graupler said:

Odd... you’re in Weymouth right?  I barely have an inch of snow left, inch and a half tops and had nothing but  sleet to rain to sleet since I was up at 7:30.  Was pouring all morning,  my blue spruces are feeling the weight 

1”? I have 3” left. Presidents neighborhood. Come by. Maybe you have trees?