Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Super, Duper SWFE

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah it’s .30-.40. Not quite enough for huge issues, but enough to cause some . We poured straight zr from 6-noon . I figured the sleet line was only miles away 

Yeah, it was a mix of sleet and zr for while.  I knew the line was going to be close last night.  I hope too many folks don't have power issues with the wind coming tonight and the cold tomorrow.

I measured about 7 this morning and averaged 6.1".

22 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

It took my plow guy about 1:45 (one minute and 45 seconds).  :)

Whoops.  I didn't realize this has a spell correction.  Every time I type "pingers" it changed it to fingers.

SN++, nickel-sized flakes  Between these heavy bursts, I may have wound up with a foot from this event.  This should be it though as the clearing is approaching from the west.  

Middle one?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah it’s .30-.40. Not quite enough for huge issues, but enough to cause some . We poured straight zr from 6-noon . I figured the sleet line was only miles away 

I was gonna say...that looks spot on like my region back east here last year, when we had ice events on several different occasions.  There were four of them, and they all stopped between .25 and .4" accretion - just shy of warning and just before limbs started lopping...

Tomorrow morning is going to look spectacular against the sideways dawning sun...  *But, your area could run into a delayed issue if the winds pick up with the CAA later on- watch for that.

5 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Yeah, it was a mix of sleet and zr for while.  I knew the line was going to be close last night.  I hope too many folks don't have power issues with the wind coming tonight and the cold tomorrow.

I measured about 7 this morning and averaged 6.1".

Amazing the difference. How many miles N of me are you? Gotta-be under 5

10.5" of new snow and sleet as of 2 PM when I went out to snow blow, but we've had some off and on light wrap around and upslope snow showers so we may have gotten another 1/2" or so. 

There was an 18" drift in front of the garage door when I opened it, but snow blower went right through it. Dry, but dense snow.

Down to 4.4° F after a high of 19.5° F. 

I'll likely have a subzero max tomorrow and then rain midweek. Euro says bring out Noah's Ark, awful...

50019045_1856942841083730_1318678689289863168_o.jpg

50286957_1856942937750387_7618624679992885248_o.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I was gonna say...that looks spot on like my region back east here last year, when we had ice events on several different occasions.  There were four of them, and they all stopped between .25 and .4" accretion - just shy of warning and just before limbs started lopping...

Tomorrow morning is going to look spectacular against the sideways dawning sun...  *But, your area could run into a delayed issue if the winds pick up with the CAA later on- watch for that.

Yeah should be some spectacular sun on ice opportunities tomorrow. The winds rip on this hill. We’ll see how things go. There’ll likely be some snapping here and there.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Finished between 6 and 7 inches but with a lot of sleet in the pack. Snow banks look like we got way more. Never got above freezing AWT.

In this winter, that is a huge win. 

We’ve got to try and keep this pack thru the rain this week. Fisher has 49 for BOS on Thursday, though I suspect he’s way too warm there 

52 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

7".

Good call by pickles. I thought I may get a bit more if the sleet met more resistance, but not long after I started racking it up under cf enhancent, it flipped.  I nailed the cf enhancent, but I was wrong about the sleet hitting resistance north of the pike, like it often does.

who's pickles?

13.9" here with 1.58 water content.  If we could have avoided the sleet, probably would have had 20".  Ratios were pretty good for a while.  Albany is at 28.5" for the season, which is exactly average although it certainly doesn't feel like it after such a long break.  New Ariens snowblower worked great.  This stuff was hard to shovel!  13" on the ground.  7F / -1F and windy and drifty now.  clearing up for the eclipse!  Hudson Valley seemed to do better than some fo the surrounding high terrain.  Thinking the cold air funneling down the HV added some extra lift?  Can't complain.  Nice event here.  Hope SNE gets its turn soon.

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We’ve got to try and keep this pack thru the rain this week. Fisher has 49 for BOS on Thursday, though I suspect he’s way too warm there 

Lot of QPF in the pack and the core temps of the pack will be cold after this outbreak so it has a good chance to survive. Just avoid like a 20 hour warm sector. Didn't really care for the euro solution as it shot us into the 50s for 6+ hours most likely. 

4 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I'm waiting for the 50s on the GFS

It's had some bad performances as we all know with low level temps but this is one of the worst I've seen. Might take the cake.

What made it so bad is that it got even warmer as we got closer from like 60 hours out to 24 hours out. It never once caught onto the CAD. Even last nights 06z run which initialized with temps in the lower 20s over the interior couldnt figure it out. It had a 6 hour forecast of ORH hitting 35F by 12z. So bad. 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lot of QPF in the pack and the core temps of the pack will be cold after this outbreak so it has a good chance to survive. Just avoid like a 20 hour warm sector. Didn't really care for the euro solution as it shot us into the 50s for 6+ hours most likely. 

Fish must be buying that. I thought you were thinking CAD rain. Pope leaning icestorm 

5” total down to about 3” and change of cement. About .2-.25” accretion. Looks awesome out there with the ice and snowpack. Sledding was fun with a minor accident lol.

This storm was a win here. I certainly did not expect temps in the 20s after mid morning. Was worried the 3” would wash away. Nice winter scene out there. Although this storm was not as snowy as it looked a few days ago, it managed to do a bit better than I expected. My only two storms sort of exceeded my thoughts in this meh winter. Irony. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

5” total down to about 3” and change of cement. About .2-.25” accretion. Looks awesome out there with the ice and snowpack. Sledding was fun with a minor accident lol.

This storm was a win here. I certainly did not expect temps in the 20s after mid morning. Was worried the 3” would wash away. Nice winter scene out there. Although this storm was not as snowy as it looked a few days ago, it managed to do a bit better than I expected. My only two storms sort of exceeded my thoughts in this meh winter. Irony. 

Oh boy was it Bryce. Congrats on the snow and ice

That was some insane sleet earlier up here. Not sure I've ever seen it sleet that hard for that long of a duration. At one point it looked as if someone was standing on my roof pouring gallons of sugar off of it. That alone made this event memorable for me. I would love to see what some of the soundings from today looked like around this area.