Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Super, Duper SWFE

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Sleet arrived about 1:30, with temp 3°, a new low for non-snow precip in my experience.  Added another 3.0" from 0.42" LE, for 11.0" total and 1.18" LE.  QPF was nailed, but ratios remained just average.  Doubt we'll see more than another tenth LE, of whatever form.

Agree. the sleet and temp were unusual!  Otherwise, I found this whole experience to be quite uninspiring!  Not going to bother blowing the drive until the morning.  Should be like concrete by then!

2 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

what was your final, im curious if you hit that 10 spot. I'm guessing 6-7"?

7".

Good call by pickles. I thought I may get a bit more if the sleet met more resistance, but not long after I started racking it up under cf enhancent, it flipped.  I nailed the cf enhancent, but I was wrong about the sleet hitting resistance north of the pike, like it often does.

Just now, WthrJunkyME said:

Agree. the sleet and temp were unusual!  Otherwise, I found this whole experience to be quite uninspiring!  Not going to bother blowing the drive until the morning.  Should be like concrete by then!

Just finished mine, took 1:45 w/o the path to the shed, almost twice the norm.  Stuff had no structure and kept falling off the side, forcing me to take half-width passes.  Gusts to near 30 weren't helpful, either.

Just now, tamarack said:

Just finished mine, took 1:45 w/o the path to the shed, almost twice the norm.  Stuff had no structure and kept falling off the side, forcing me to take half-width passes.  Gusts to near 30 weren't helpful, either.

Thought I might avoid the wind in the morning!  Next door neighbor was out there at 7 am blowing his.  Guess he needed out but man oh man, he looked cold!

14 minutes ago, tamarack said:

It took my plow guy about 1:45 (one minute and 45 seconds).  :)

13 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Filet of sole?

Whoops.  I didn't realize this has a spell correction.  Every time I type "pingers" it changed it to fingers.

SN++, nickel-sized flakes  Between these heavy bursts, I may have wound up with a foot from this event.  This should be it though as the clearing is approaching from the west.  

• Haha 1

Just now, MetHerb said:

We had more sleet up here I think.  Accretion is about 0.1-0.2" here but looks more like 0.2-0.3" there.

Nice mood snow now...looking forward to the cold tomorrow.

Yeah it’s .30-.40. Not quite enough for huge issues, but enough to cause some . We poured straight zr from 6-noon . I figured the sleet line was only miles away 

23 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Yeah plowing it was a pain it's like plowing sand, the banks don't stick they just fall back into my driveway lol

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Does anyone have or know where i can find any reports from Litchfield county, CT? I have like nothing for that county except two which are boardering fairfield/new haven

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=ALY&product=PNS&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off