Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Super, Duper SWFE

40/70 Benchmark

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Precip amounts way overmodelled here. 6” snow before compaction, not a huge amount of sleet...less than 1”. If it wasn’t going to be all snow I’m glad.   Suckerhole ftw.

Same here.  5 1/2" about an hour ago.

All tiny flakes, mostly light with some near stops, though some meatier echoes have arrived.  Have not been out since clearing the board at 7, but I'm guessing just 2-3" since then, may be tough to reach the 12-18" forecast.  Still a good storm, and the coldest siggy snow since 2/2/15 - that one came with subzero temps, this one with low singles but has easily topping the 7.5" from that Groundhog Day event.

Reported Eversource outages in CT are creeping upward - not yet a crisis, but it's interesting to compare the 1 PM map with the 9 AM map (see the top post on page 30 in this thread). The area that was getting hit at 9 AM shows increases both in the number of towns reporting outages and in the numbers of outages in those towns, and the line of outages has extended toward the northeast.

1721642331_jan202019poweroutages1PM.png.b112d6bb4f719637dbb357e46b054f93.png

18 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Done with precip, thank God. Now hoping the wind doesn't finish the job.

This bad in our area, never got above 0. I dont know how much ice we have i havent measured but its gotta be over .5. 

Lots of ppl without power and its only going to get worse with the temps falling and winds increasing tonight.

41 minutes ago, dendrite said:

9"? Wow. Didn't you have sleet and 5 1/2" 2-3 hours ago?

I screwed up on my earlier posts r since my ruler attached to my back deck post was evidently in a wind blown area and I was reading it from inside the house.  That reads 7" now  (all IP since earlier this morning)  Then I looked at the webcam and the PVC pipe I attached to the cleaned off my neighbors deck in an open area.  It's at 9.25" right now.  I also went out and took some hand measurements and that is the correct amount.  You can take a look at that snowstake on the 3rd cam view on my website.  Here is a current pic too.

Really surprised how long this sleet has lasted.  Waiting for a changeover but back edge is approaching

Untitled.jpg

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

If you have snow/sleet totals please send them my way, im curious to make a map today.

Checking the PNS reports it looks like most ended up in the 2-5" range with 1-2 on the shore, a few 6" amounts in N Hfd county. Doesn't look like litchfield did well at all i only see a 2" and 3" report there.

3.5” Southbury CT USA

16 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Very cool.  Scary music, too!

• Like 1