Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Super, Duper SWFE

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Snowblowing ftl. Belt kept coming off, battery was dead. Thankfully I had jump pack. The large belt wheel on blower was loose. Bad design. Two small Allen pinch screws hold it onto shaft, but they keep loosening making the wheel turn in a very crooked manner.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Oof...that stinks.  I snowblowed around 8:30AM and it was one of the easier jobs I’ve done in a while. Nothing was sticking to the chute and it was going far.   I had to make a small repair before I started to secure the chute controller, but two paper clips did the trick...lol

1 minute ago, SnowlieSnowstormson said:

We have been without power in Glastonbury, CT for an hour now. 

I feel like this storm was so close to being a disaster in CT icewise. It doesn’t look too too bad though. 

Thats not good for anyone.  Too many elderly and poor without access to generators. No kidding about the cold coming.  Wind chills near 30 below are dangerous without heat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Clear off as much as you can, I ripped some branches that were sagging. I even shoveled standing water.

Just shoveled all the slush/pond off the driveway....heard branches snapping in the woods everytime we got a breeze. Seems like power is starting to go out in town too...DIT can have this lol...