Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Super, Duper SWFE

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

The sleet is actually accumulating decently.

It is. Easily over an inch of it now and coming down moderately. Pingers everywhere!

I was expecting plain rain right on the coast up here. Heard on TWC a plow guy get interviewed in Downtown Boston. Said they were expecting flooding rains and rapid freeze. Then he said it only rained for 25 mins and a quick transition to sleet.

I know Logan was reporting temps in the mid 30’s at some point this morning. I bet there was a pretty good temp gradient between Downtown Boston and the Logan ASOS which is at the end of one of the runways, right on the water if I’m not mistaken 

3 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

It is. Easily over an inch of it now and coming down moderately. Pingers everywhere!

I was expecting plain rain right on the coast up here. Heard on TWC a plow guy get interviewed in Downtown Boston. Said they were expecting flooding rains and rapid freeze. Then he said it only rained for 25 mins and a quick transition to sleet.

I know Logan was reporting temps in the mid 30’s at some point this morning. I bet there was a pretty good temp gradient between Downtown Boston and the Logan ASOS which is at the end of one of the runways, right on the water if I’m not mistaken 

I got up to 33 before the tuck so not sure that happened.

6 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Sleet has made it up to the S part of the White Mountains.  4 hours of pingers here mixed with snow grains.  About 9".   850mb line should start crashing south soon and watching carefully to see whe we switch back to snow

9"? Wow. Didn't you have sleet and 5 1/2" 2-3 hours ago?

Ends in a half hour in HFD ... 1:15 or so in Worcester... Boston by 2 or 3 just glancing at radar.

Sat shows thinning/back edge over western CT/Mass ...

See ya later -

You know I'm glad?  This things been exhausting... can't wait until this is securely in the rear view and distancing -