Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Super, Duper SWFE

40/70 Benchmark

26 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

How much we need a total before the sleet ice

In my area of Eastie which is very close to Logan, right now we have about 3.5-4 in car tops. Then a glaze of ice on everything and a little less than an inch of sleet. 

Of course the actual snow that fell before the changeover idk but there has been a lot of compaction.  I was sleeping lol

6.5" snow here. Ice Pellets. -9C/16F. Got down to -10/14 after starting at -4/26. No ice accretion on trees. Sleet makes shoveling less fun than usual. Glad it didn't turn out to be 40s as some of the models showed late yesterday and real glad we have (so far) dodged the FZRA potential catastrophe.

Power out here in Bethany, CT. Solid amount of ZR here. Trees sagging and branches popping every few minutes . The site wouldnt allow me to upload the photo I took, but I have close to 1.5" icicles hanging from my shrubs and trees. Have several large limbs down. Does anyone think I'm able to spike to mid to upper 30s before the wind and cold air come in?

3 minutes ago, bobbutts said:

Has got to be the biggest bust for the major outlets in awhile.. 4.5" here.  I didn't see anything indicating < 10" except for all the models and everyone on this forum.

The amounts out of gyx and most were ridiculous imo given mid levels and the lack of QPF showing in ur subby zone 

Sleet is beginning to slowly transition back to snow here.

Weird snowfall distribution around E NY and W NE per the PNSs from ALY and BOX. There's actually more snow in the valleys out by Albany and down by Greenfield, MA than in the mountains, which has me scratching my head. No sure what could've caused this...cold air drain from the north down the valleys? But that was only in the low levels, not aloft where winds were southwesterly.

5 minutes ago, BuildingScienceWx said:

Power out here in Bethany, CT. Solid amount of ZR here. Trees sagging and branches popping every few minutes . The site wouldnt allow me to upload the photo I took, but I have close to 1.5" icicles hanging from my shrubs and trees. Have several large limbs down. Does anyone think I'm able to spike to mid to upper 30s before the wind and cold air come in?

No. Cold is locked . Only dropping here on out