• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Super, Duper SWFE

40/70 Benchmark

Models sucked donkey.  Will and scooter ftw.   Will measure in a bit but eyeballing a good amount.   Everyone sub freezing now AWT. I believe yesterday’s gfs had Bos 50+?   What’s a 15+  bust on a 12 hour forecast among friends?   Sleet now and my snow guy came and I have a sleet accumulation going now.   Eyeballing about 6 inches but will get an official measurement shortly.   Goood thing Ray was smart enough to avoid the Logan measurements!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This may not verify up in Mass, but the i-84 corridor had been pegged for days down thru S Central CT. I’d bet some places in CT approach .75

lqwdtcr.jpg

Weve been having a mix of about  75% sleet, 25%  freezing rain.. Ryan was saying theyre getting much more of the latter a little  bit south and east of the 84 area.  Just said New Haven's got it way worse than up here.  That map's wrong.

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Models sucked donkey.  Will and scooter ftw.   Will measure in a bit but eyeballing a good amount.   Everyone sub freezing now AWT. I believe yesterday’s gfs had Bos 50+?   What’s a 15+  bust on a 12 hour forecast among friends?   Sleet now and my snow guy came and I have a sleet accumulation going now.   Eyeballing about 6 inches but will get an official measurement shortly.   Goood thing Ray was smart enough to avoid the Logan measurements!

Guess us in SE MA don’t count. :thumbsdown:  we still above freezing 

21 minutes ago, weathafella said:

There was varied error in the models...

The Euro was too snowy - it seemed - pretty far inside it's typical performance window ...  The GFS had no respect for the llv magnitude of cold so badly that it is patently clear NCEP really needs to evaluated blindness in this lower BL resolution. Really is terrible and I don't believe data density is really the cause - that's bullshit. They got physical problems with this thing...

Of the two, the GFS was most egregious... imho -

We all knew the cold would win in the low levels.  Not to cut into anyone's back padding and gloat sessions, but it wasn't exactly a catch on the helmet that won this game in this case.