Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Super, Duper SWFE

40/70 Benchmark

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

lol, Just flipped to parachutes falling now.

Have seen nothing but little flakes, though 2 hours ago there were a whole lot of them - only about 2" or so between 9 PM and 4 AM, then 4-5" from 4-7 AM.  Reported 8.0" to cocorahs at 7, perhaps another inch since.  Temp stuck at zero or a degree under.  Not much wind, fortunately.   Seeing PSM reporting 10° and IP.  Don't recall IP at that low a temp, though I've seen frdz at even colder.

Edit:  Just noted here that Scarborough has P at 7°.

Brookline plummeted down to 22F
Good call guys

Public will measure credibility based on what’s on the sidewalk, so hoping my 4-8 for Boston verified... hope they post a map with all reports rather than a single number from Logan

And Powderfreak... about to venture on Mountain Road

2 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Simple thing but I’ve rarely used radar here, can NNEs advise me if I’m wrong: to get radar returns in mountain areas (e.g. KCXX returns for nearby Stowe), do you have to use higher Tilts 3-4? It looks to me like Tilts 1-2 are shadowed on one side by mountains?

Use composite or try wunderground

Just now, wxsniss said:

Simple thing but I’ve rarely used radar here, can NNEs advise me if I’m wrong: to get radar returns in mountain areas (e.g. KCXX returns for nearby Stowe), do you have to use higher Tilts 3-4? It looks to me like Tilts 1-2 are shadowed on one side by mountains?

Yes... BTV's 0.5 degree scan (the one most other offices would use as their primary) is the most blocked radar in the U.S. or I believe I've heard them say that.  It essentially can only look north and south up the valley.

J.Spin and I use the 2.4 degree scan and the composite views on Wunderground radar. 

To me the 2.4 degree scan is the best for Stowe on this side of the mountain.  It's the first scan that has no interference with terrain. 

https://www.wunderground.com/weather-radar/united-states/vt/lower-village/cxx/?lat=44.465433&lon=-72.687402&label=Lower Village%2c VT#

Ugrt30F.gif

14 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nice meeting you last night. I too was surprised how young you looked, lol seems like you have been around for a decade here.

Good call valley >hills

Great to meet you too. I started posting on Eastern in 2009 or 2010 I think so close...