• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Super, Duper SWFE

40/70 Benchmark

Just had to have one of those difficult conversations with my 13YO: “Dad, how can it be 8 degrees and not snowing?” Someone should really put out a meteorological facts-of-life pamphlet for curious adolescents. Otherwise they’ll just get misinformation from their friends at school... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PWMan said:

Glad to hear that low-level cold is over-performing, but it seems like the pingers were well ahead of schedule up this way. The last forecasts/discussions I’d seen didn’t anticipate the surge of upper warmth until around midday. Hoping for some back-end accumulations I guess, but the forecast 12+ seems like a lost cause right now.

I'm pretty sure we had the mix getting into the PWM area around 12z. 

Widespread double digits is definitely not going to work out, but Kittery and Cape Neddick are over 10" so some places near the coastal front are working out. 

5 minutes ago, Tiktock said:

What are others doing about cleanup?  Deciding if i should blow now or wait for it all to fall on top of the snow and clear it later...worried it may be impossible to clear the stuff that falls from here on out on its own.....

Im in the teens here in plaistow, pouring frozen rain/sleet/pellets....probably 5-6" on the ground

I cleaned the 6 up. I rather go back out and move two inches of slush than go out once and try to move 7 inches of cement. 

Just now, mostman said:

I cleaned the 6 up. I rather go back out and move two inches of slush than go out once and try to move 7 inches of cement. 

I have a 50" snowblower on a tractor so I almost have the opposite problem.  Moving 2" of slush off 400' of driveway is my nightmare.