• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, CNY-WXFREAK said:

I'll never post another Kuchera garbage map so don't ever ask again, lol!  They almost never pan out thats why their called clown maps, for a reason!

No one is getting 2'. ;)

I almost hopped on the bandwagon last night, still a possibility around Rochester with enhancement. Snow growth just wasn't there. Nearest spotter had 1.11 QPF, so at 1:20 that would have been close. 

3 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

I'll never post another Kuchera garbage map so don't ever ask again, lol!  They almost never pan out thats why their called clown maps, for a reason!

I did take a few looks at model soundings prior to event but I didn’t pick out that snow growth would be so godawful. I had under 10:1 with zero mix.  This has bagged us before in synoptic storms and is usually a good reason to just stick with 10:1. Back in January 2005 we had a similar event (was a coastal low though) but similar temps during storm. Ended up around 12” but flake size was similarly small.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Totals would have been much higher with better dendrites. The pack right now is thick compared to typical 1:20 type stuff. I'd wager it was 1:12 throughout the event. Going to do a sample later of the depth SWE. 

As expected ;)

I wonder if there will be as many kuchera masturbatory maps on the next storm lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

00Z this evening NNW winds kick in and aligned with ample RH and Omega so whoever get under whatever develops could in fact be better than what we just went through, lol!

rap_2019012013_012_43.23--76.26.png

Looks even better 3 hrs later, wow! Lapse rates throught the roof cap 7-8000K!  Snow growth the whole way down!

rap_2019012013_014_43.23--76.26.png

Nice! Hoping this will be a legit round 2!