• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

Another 6.2" on the snowboard since I last checked. Total of 15.7" now. Still absolutely ripping outside. Now it's so windy out there's drifts everywhere 3'+. What a great overperformer here. Any way we hit 20 before all said and done? I think it's doubtful with the back edge of the precip looking like it's creeping towards us but maybe we make it to 17 or 18" storm total? 

• Like 1

NEW YORK

...Cattaraugus County...
   Perrysburg             5.5   843 PM  1/19  Co-Op Observer
   Portville              5.0   800 PM  1/19  Social Media

...Erie County...
   Buffalo Airport       11.1   455 AM  1/20  ASOS
   Hamburg               10.2   200 AM  1/20  Public
   Williamsville          5.2  1000 PM  1/19  NWS Employee
   Marilla                5.2  1114 PM  1/19  Trained Spotter
   1 WNW Colden           4.6   711 PM  1/19  CoCoRaHS
   2 NW Tonawanda         4.5   919 PM  1/19  Trained Spotter
   3 WSW Elma             4.5   556 PM  1/19  CoCoRaHS
   4 SE Boston            4.1  1100 PM  1/19  Snow Spotter
   2 SSW Blasdell         4.0   509 PM  1/19  CoCoRaHS
   3 SSW Marilla          3.0   319 PM  1/19  TRAINED SPOTTER
   Sardinia               2.0   429 PM  1/19  TRAINED SPOTTER

...Genesee County...
   2 NE Stafford          5.4  1125 PM  1/19  NWS Employee

...Jefferson County...
   S Watertown            1.1   407 PM  1/19  CoCoRaHS

...Livingston County...
   Lima                   2.0   330 PM  1/19  TRAINED SPOTTER

...Monroe County...
   Rochester Airport      8.1   100 AM  1/20  ASOS
   Irondequoit            7.3  1155 PM  1/19  Snow Spotter
   Webster                7.0  1000 PM  1/19  Broadcast Media
   2 NW Rochester         6.0  1125 PM  1/19  Snow Spotter
   4 SSE Pittsford        1.7   100 PM  1/19  CoCoRaHS

...Niagara County...
   Ransomville            5.4   100 AM  1/20  Snow Spotter

...Ontario County...
   Geneva                 6.5   915 PM  1/19  Trained Spotter

...Wayne County...
   2 SW Walworth          4.2   700 PM  1/19  CoCoRaHS

...Wyoming County...
   2 N Perry              1.3  1250 PM  1/19  Trained Spotter
   Portageville           1.0  1215 PM  1/19  Co-Op Observer

2 hours ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

8-10” OTG here. Looks like I’ve been on the west edge of a band for a few hours, so probably higher amounts will come in just east of me. Light snow currently falling, big flakes though. 

13.1" this morning. Just saw the radar loop for the past 4 hours and the banding was intense!

I only measured 3.4 inches here between 12:30 AM and 7 AM giving me 9.2 for the storm so far. I honestly hope I can squeeze out at least another 3 inches to get me to a foot. I’m about to enter a break in the snow but the radar is still looking pretty good to the south around Ithaca. I’ll have a LE measurement as soon as the snow melts in the tube. 

8 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

I only measured 3.4 inches here between 12:30 AM and 7 AM giving me 9.2 for the storm so far. I honestly hope I can squeeze out at least another 3 inches to get me to a foot. I’m about to enter a break in the snow but the radar is still looking pretty good to the south around Ithaca. I’ll have a LE measurement as soon as the snow melts in the tube. 

Similar #s here. Officially calling this a bust.  Locally anyway. Ratios! Kuchera #epicfail

1 minute ago, Syrmax said:

Similar #s here. Officially calling this a bust.  Locally anyway. Ratios! Kuchera #epicfail

That’s why I didn’t want to be a Debbie Downer last night but I’ve been through enough of these to sense when thing aren’t panning out the way we hoped. Actually your LE is pretty close to what the models were spitting out but a 8.7:1 ratio is what you would expect in a I95 storm not CNY at sub 10 degrees. 

5 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

That’s why I didn’t want to be a Debbie Downer last night but I’ve been through enough of these to sense when thing aren’t panning out the way we hoped. Actually your LE is pretty close to what the models were spitting out but a 8.7:1 ratio is what you would expect in a I95 storm not CNY at sub 10 degrees. 

Yeah it was evident last night. Once the best forcing seemed to head NE towards ENY and with the snow hole in west central NY, the writing was on the wall. There was no CSI banding anywhere in sight and frankly not sure why it should have been expected with a weak slp and basically an overrunning WAA situation.

Just went out and measured 9 to 10 inches at various spots outside here in northern Otsego County.

I heard sleet when I briefly woke around 0400.  We just went back over to heavy snow so we lost 3 or 4 hours of accumulating snow to sleet.

It's all good by me.....we are cross country skiers and now we have a bulletproof base that should take us into March and beyond.

KBGM AFD noted low ratios but ascribed them to sleet mixing in...all the up to UCA. Wow. They didnt mention low ratios where it remained all snow though. This is why I'd hate to put out big snowfall numbers for any forecast, were I a met. Cuz rice snow is a thing.;)