Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 minute ago, tim123 said:

Additional?

Totals in WNY, for you guys another 10-15 additional. The models are showing lake effect snow continuing until Monday for Rochester to Oswego. It's showing up on lower res globals while temps will be in the single digits. That stuff is going to add up fast, even if its fluff. 

• Like 1

Just did midnight measurement...5.0”, 0.60” liquid equivalent, storm total.

11am to 6pm: 2.0” and 0.17” melted. 11.8:1 ratio

6pm to Midnight:  3.0 and 0.43” melted. 6.9:1 ratio

Storm total:  5.0”, 0.60” melted. 8.3:1 ratio. 

Ratio seems low but I did a second snowfall measurement in front of house in driveway, pretty open and not drifted and also had 5.0”. So I am reasonably confident of the snowfall measurement. Ratio seems low but pretty sure I didn’t screw it up.

43 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

So...we go from negative digits Monday to a rainstorm on Wednesday. This continues this winter's theme of snow getting water logged and nasty right after it has fallen.

I know it is a few days away...but right now models are in general agreement of rain all along the eastern seaboard.

Stupid.

KBGM notes that models haven’t yet picked up on widespread snowpack so they are expecting a more frozen outcome but I do think we flip to rain for at least part of the next system. Probably not a lot, but enough to make snowshoeing and x-country skiing conditions crappy.

• Thanks 1

There is a huge dryslot of sorts, not a real dryslot associated with slp, west of I-81 out towards western NY east of the Buffalo region. My best guess is it is downsloping related, off the Allegany Mt region in NW PA. This seems to be broad enough to be impinging all the way to I-81.  This will have a big impact on snowfall for the Genesee region to finger lakes.

its always something with these storms. You can get f*cked six different ways to Sunday (literally in this case) and never see half of them coming.  Unbelievable.

KROC will still do ok with lake enhancement with NE and then N winds but my location looks to be condemned to the lower end of predicted ranges (1 in 10 probability snowfall around 10”).  Sigh.

5.75 as of 12:30 AM.  I measured 1.7 at 6:30 so about 4 inches fell in the last 6 hours. The wind is howling out there.  My over/under total is 12 inches for the synoptic part of the storm. Even with the heaviest returns passing off to the east I think that should be reachable. Flake size is still crappy. 

Well, the good thing is that I don’t feel obligated to stay up and watch a good meso band dump, cuz there won’t be any here, just more rice snow for another 8:hours then we wrap up and really freeze! A bit disappointing given the time spent tracking this. Another lesson learned. 

Returns on radar appear to be blossoming south and west of here and moving in this direction. Maybe we’ll get into several hours of decent rates after all. As I said all I’m shooting for is a foot and I’m halfway there already.  Anything more after that is icing on the cake!