• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Look at the precip blooming way out ahead over the finger flakes already! Might be snowing in SYR in the next hour... Also NE flow of Ontario into Niagara and Orleans is very well defined already... 2bcef0fe89143d77f08a7a3e04fc965e.gif

Fine flakes here in skaneateles. 

Cute, really - knowing what’s coming. 

Hi, would you guys say Glen Falls is up for a good amount? I know it wont get the highest totals but I am here stormchasing. Wondering if it's worth taking a last minute jog north westwards to somewhere a bit further from the freezing line at 5,000ft. The system seems strong with a more northerly track as a result. Feeling a bit unsure about my location.

Just now, Kasim Awan said:

Hi, would you guys say Glen Falls is up for a good amount? I know it wont get the highest totals but I am here stormchasing. Wondering if it's worth taking a last minute jog north westwards to somewhere a bit further from the freezing line at 5,000ft. The system seems strong with a more northerly track as a result. Feeling a bit unsure about my location.

Head to Amsterdam, an awesome hamlet about 16 miles west of KALB as there gonna get smashed for sure!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

The FV3 literally took every other model out there to school!  Finally after almost giving me a coronary last Wed nights 00Z the NAM is finally in the cone, lol!  WE all got NAMMED, lol!  The FV3 beat the livin crap out the EURO for sure!

Sorry, but the NE sub has tossed every.single.model. and thermal profile, other than the Tropic Thunder and Ouija Board models.  FV3 tossed also by inference.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Alls Im sayin is, whoever goes to tonights game in the Dome, bring a comfortable sleeping bag cause your NOT getting home, lol! 

The game is at 2pm....everyone will be fine....a little snowy drive home???  Sure...don't go off the deep end here Ty, lol!!!!

Edit:  I see you were already informed!! :)

Not to jinx myself this early on in the storm, but it would appear my fear of low end amounts may have been premature...;)

As of now, at my home 15 miles south of Erie PA, already at 2" with steady SN, flake size has been increasing, and must be pretty decent ratios as it was quite light clearing the driveway. Per WesterlyWX, the sparkle nature is there for sure. So hopefully this news bodes well for all of you off to my north and eastl

That FV3 model CNY-WXFREAK has been hailing consistently showed the higher snow amounts for extreme NWPA, so hope it verifies.

Will head to the cabin at the west end of the C Ridge late morning and stay til tomorrow. Looking forward to providing reports from my little paradise at the NY border. 

Hope you guys get the goods.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

wpc_snow_72h_50_newyork_72 (3).png

How highly is the NWEP rated in the community? NWEP looks a bit south compared to some other output. Be interesting to see if the intensity weakens in the next few hrs following the apparent spike in intensity in ppn earlier thus helping limit northern expansion which would be positive for some areas. This has Glen falls as a sweet spot.

1 hour ago, Kasim Awan said:

I don’t think I’d move. There’s a small chance pingers could make it up the Hudson Valley as far north as the Mohawk River, which could include Amsterdam. Glens Falls is far enough north to be safe from that. 

• Like 1