• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

The king has made his first storm proclamation! This all seems like so much overkill to me...

1d4f3ad1f72a82dd8730823dbeacfff0.jpg

I’m a dem but I can’t stand Cuomo. Ugh. He’s such an ass. He finally is trying to legalize weed after fighting it for a decade. Now he’s some kind of convenient hero for the movement? Hell no!

ok. Off topic!

• Like 2

Just now, DeltaT13 said:

He's better than any republican.  We havent found a better alternative democrat that has a chance to win so I vote for him, somewhat reluctantly....

I'm an independent and I agree the GOP has had some weak opposition, but with NYC getting Cuomo's full attention there will not be a democratic challenger. He has insulated himself with so many backdoor deals (think buffalo billions for one which I still have no idea how he wasn't implicated with his long time cronie) that he has bought himself instate immunity.

5 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Winter storm warning only go to 6pm sunday will probally have to be extended till at least 12 Monday I would guess

i really want to believe that LES will last into Monday but the vertical profiles are really lacking in moisture.....seems hard to believe.  That said, lake induced instability will be extreme so perhaps some extremely low level grit will be ongoing with hazy sun shining through.  There is only a few thousand feet of atmosphere to work with.

Capture.thumb.JPG.3edf44e8439f37bbe3285db3467a7ce3.JPG

Just now, tim123 said:

Delta it will snow for 2  plus days straight. Models been picking up on lake snow starting in am before synoptic gets here

We shall see.  Even if it does, i don't think we accumulate more than 2 inches from noon sunday through noon Monday even if it "snows" the whole time.  That backend grit won't be much but it will keep roads slick and that wintry feel in the air so that will be nice. 

I hope I'm wrong and extreme temps can overcome the obscenely dry air, but I'm doubtful.  

• Like 1

Just now, tim123 said:

Usually when we get a airmass like this the lake is much cooler. Say 34 35. The lake is in upper 30 to low 40s.

If we had a long fetch things would be different.  Our northerly fetch always needs assistance from synoptic moisture to do anything more than spit out flurries.  But flurries are better than sun, so I wouldnt complain.  I just think snow totals will be more or less wrapping up by noon Sunday.